Sunday, 29 March 2015

What have 'I' learned in March?

1. Teaching is my gift! To teach others to become critical thinkers, to understand and apply their knowledge, to share this knowledge with others and be creative is a very satisfying job. I absolutely love mentoring their learning process. The greatest thing of all is that I learn too.

2. I’ve also learned that when ‘others‘ acknowledge this gift, it makes me happy. I seem to need this re-enforcement. Knowing it myself is just not enough.

3. Sharing your successes is not the way to go in Dutch society. What frustrates me is that it is so hard to remain positive, when you are surrounded by naggers.  I’ve learned that I only need one or two people who are more focused on the negative than the positive, to affect my mood.

4. There are only 24 hours in a day and work shouldn’t take up all of them. I have this compelling need to try and finish all the tasks on my to-do list. I feel guilty when I’m not working, as my list is very long. I’m learning to prioritize and make choices! I’m even getting help to tackle this problem. But I have to admit that I’m a little scared that when I have the courage to 'voice' my choices some people might not be so happy with me. To be really truthful, I can prioritize and I can make choices. The reason I don’t voice them is that I’m scared of the consequences.

5. I’ve learned that writing has a healing affect. Blogging is not dead.

6. I like discovering. I’m a curious person. I loved discovering Zwolle with my mum.






7. Listening to Jason Mraz in the morning is a great way to start your day, next to your first cup of coffee



8. I’m the happiest in my work when I care the least about what happens.

9. This quote says a lot about who I am. ‘Identity is never simply a creation. It is always a discovery‘ ~ Dr. David Benner (2004)

10. When the wind is blowing hard and rain is added to the equation, I don’t like to walk. I can’t wait for spring to really arrive so that I can get back into the rhythm of walking.

11. I really love this block, one of the 225 blocks in the Dear Jane Quilt.




Here are the 11 things I’ve learned in March.


I need to add one more! I don’t like odd numbers. 12. I’ve learned, I like to ponder and wonder about things. I also like to share my thoughts with you. At the end of April I will share with you what I’ve learned in April.

No comments: