Saturday, 7 December 2013

Creative Quiltmakers

I’m slacking in my blogging. I will return to write more frequently, just not yet. For those who have been following me for some time. I would like you to know I’m really happy. Haven’t felt so content for a long time. Love my new job!

Thought I would share some photos of one of the quilt classes I attend.

Remember Jane's Garden, one of Di Ford's designs? I received this kit when doing a workshop with Di Ford at Pour 'l Amour du Fil in Nantes last April. See the little stem on the right. That was what I had sewn during the class. Not much, I must admit. Did have enough time to cut-out the fabric and get everything prepared so that I could finally start 7 months later Blushing

IMG_3801

Jannie is making this wall hanging for one of her grandchildren.

IMG_3802

IMG_3804

Some of the quiltmakers in this class want to make this quilt. I would love to make it too, but as you all know I have enough UFO’s. I’m being wise and not create another one Big Grin

IMG_3805

Jannie is still deciding on which colours she wants to include in this quilt. Will she add some red fabrics? Can’t wait to find out.

IMG_3806

This is a picture of Matty and our interim quilt teacher, Jobina. Matty is a real quiltmaker. Here she is showing us all the projects she is busy with.

IMG_3807

IMG_3808

IMG_3809

Wow!!! Love this one.

IMG_3810

A close-up of this Ohio star quilt.

IMG_3812

The backing of another quilt Matty is making.

IMG_3813

This is the front of this quilt nearly finished.

IMG_3815

Mirjam has decided she will start quilting this feathered star quilt she made some years ago. Another stunning quilt.

IMG_3816

Here Mirjam and Jobina are discussing which quilt pattern to use for this quilt.

IMG_3818

Matty is quilting this small quilt.

IMG_3819

And now some pictures of my project. At the moment I’m the slowcoach in the group. Love working on Jane’s Garden. I love appliqué. I also love using this thread.

IMG_3820

I bought my own appliqué thread donuts!! The appliqué thread on the bobbin above is one of the bobbins I lent from Mirjam.

Making some progress!

IMG_3823

I added a picture of the end result. As you can see, I still have a long way to go before I can show you my end result (lol). Appliqué is slow tedious process.

No comments: