Saturday, 16 November 2013

Quilt Bee

At the moment I participate in 3 Bees. Two are based at the Quilt Cellar (Quiltkelder) in Putten and one is organized by a quiltmaker nearby.

Here is another Christmas project being quilted.

IMG_3588

Looks pretty cool.

IMG_3589

This quiltmaker is not camera shy. The other quiltmakers prefer not to see their faces on my blog (too often). So I try to contain myself Happy

IMG_3590

A close-up of the block shown above.

IMG_3591

A rag quilt in progress. Rag quilts are quilts that have exposed seam allowances on their fronts and finishes.

IMG_3592

It is a tedious job, clipping the seams to encourage fraying.

IMG_3599

I had to decline!

IMG_3598

I seem to have developed a lactose-milk intolerance. I’m also not allowed to eat any cheese, chicken eggs and honey for the next couple of months. It is quite amazing how many products we consume that have milk, cheese, eggs or honey as ingredients. My new diet seems to work, I’m less bloated and my oedema seems to be gone!   

A lot of my fellow quiltmakers are becoming grannies. This stitchery quilt is being make for a granddaughter (not yet born).

IMG_3593

IMG_3594

IMG_3595

The wall quilt shown below is nearly completed and you most probably will see it on national TV real soon. In the month of November Dieuwertje Blok will be travelling across the Netherlands to read from The Big Story Book Sinterklaasjournaal. Diewertje Blok is a news reader. Next Saturday at Boekhandel Riemer en Walinga in Ermelo, Dieuwertje Blok will be reading from her book and behind her you will see this wall quilt.

IMG_3600

Another quilt by the same quiltmaker of the quilt above.

IMG_3601

This wall quilt is by another quiltmaker in this group.

IMG_3602

Last but not least, my project.

IMG_3603

IMG_3604Twas the night before christmas – stitchery quilt.

1 comment:

zaza passion said...

I love the Christmas projet and the rag quilt. I like to make one.