Sunday, 22 September 2013

1e Quilt bee of the autumn season

We had a little get together last Thursday. It was time for a Quilt Bee. Yvonne initiated this bee and the ones planned in the next coming months. It was a fun evening! It was great to see everyone again after a very quiet quilt summer – at least for me. I was also able to admire all the works of the other quiltmakers. I love ‘show & tell’. There are some impressive works to see. 

IMG_3451

Isn’t the quilting, awesome?

IMG_3441

I wasn’t the only one admiring the tiny stitches.

IMG_3442

The back of the quilt is just as beautiful as the front.

IMG_3443

Another quilt done by Yvonne!

IMG_3444

This quilt is coming along nicely! Jannie has also started quilting.

IMG_3445

IMG_3447

Here is a close-up of my ‘Twas the night before Christmas’ stitchery quilt. Wouldn’t it be nice if I could finish the top before Christmas? Yes, I mean this Christmas. The one in 93 days!!! I can then quilt all of 2014 so that this quilt can lay under our Christmas tree in December 2014. The challenges, I set myself Happy

IMG_3448

This block is part of a big quilt that will tell the story of Sinterklaas. Also known as De Goedheiligman (The Good Holy Man), Sint Nicolaas (Saint Nicholas) or simply as De Sint (The Saint). He is celebrated annually on Saint Nicholas' eve on the 5th of December. Can’t wait to see the other blocks. I’m sure you are curious too.

IMG_3453

Lots of quilting going on!

IMG_3454

IMG_3455

Another stitchery project.

IMG_3457

Yvonne made this baby shower gift. How cute is this?

Close-up! Can you see the little mice?

IMG_3461

In the picture underneath, you can see a close-up of ‘the delivery stork carrying a baby’. Storks are large, long-legged, long-necked wading birds with long, stout bills. I’m sure you know what I’m talking about. By the way - where does the delivery stork myth originate from? So far as I know, they use storks because they represent fertility, springtime and good luck?

IMG_3463

Another close-up! The detail is impressive. The baby crib has a pillow and a baby blanket. Can you see it?

We had also a mystery guest. Tineke, came along and visited her old quilt group. This is the quilt top she is working on. Tineke, also came along as she needed some advice on the fabric to use for the border and backing. There were some enthusiastic quiltmakers who didn’t hold back.  

IMG_3464

We will see, if she will follow-up on their advice Happy

Looking forward to our next Bee!

1 comment:

ruthsplace said...

All the projects look lovely, but that first lot of quilting is amazing!