Wednesday, 7 August 2013

E5 – Rising Star

I’m slowly getting my mojo back for the Dear Jane. It also helps, that the weather is a little cooler. Here are some pictures of my progress with making E5.

The most difficult part of this block is the preparation. In my first attempt I didn’t take into account that I had to cut the pieces in mirror image. This is my second attempt!

IMG_3130

Tedious work. It takes forever cutting all these small pieces to make this block.

IMG_3131

Nearly there.

IMG_3132

My new 6” Karen Kay Buckley Perfect Scissors.

IMG_3133

This looks right. I can finally start sewing all the pieces together.

IMG_3134

First corner block done!

IMG_3135

Centre!

IMG_3136

The right hand corner is sewn together. Only the other 3 corners to do!

IMG_3137

2 comments:

Wilma Kuin said...

Mooi!! Ik wil ook wel erg graag,..

suz said...

looking good! smart idea to lay everything out in place!