Monday, 1 July 2013

Preparing for the binding

I’ve got some time to spare. Got an important appointment this afternoon and I need a little distraction.

Can’t find a better excuse than to start with preparing the quilt for adding the binding.

IMG_2973

Lots of excess batting & backing to get rid off Wink

IMG_2974

IMG_2976

So here I am trimming off the excess batting and backing along the edge of the ruler, using a rotary cutter and mat.

IMG_2977

Using the rotary cutter to make the double-fold French binding. Cutting 5 centimetres strips selvage to selvage. I need 6.70 metres!

IMG_2981

Tomorrow I will continue with creating the double-fold French binding and hopefully have enough time to spare to also sew the binding on the front of the quilt by machine.

Another nice distraction is to have yourself a Latte Macchiato while writing this post.

IMG_2984

IMG_2986

Naturally I had to have a couple of Almond Cantuccini with the Latte Macchiato. Yes, Italian coffee bread. They are also known as biscotti di Prato. Yummy, yummy.

IMG_2989

As you can see I’ve got a whole jar full of them Smile

Cantuccini

Well enough blogging for the moment. I’d better get back to getting ready for my appointment this afternoon.

1 comment:

suz said...

lots of work ahead, but it will be lovely!