Sunday, 30 June 2013

nearly parting!

Zoë’s Quilt is all quilted. I’ve finished!! It looks like I will make it for her birthday. Making a happy dance!

Last row! Had to take a picture of this special moment.

IMG_2928

IMG_2933

Getting ready to say goodbye. I’ve laboured on this quilt for nearly 7 years! I’ve loved all the stages, but quilting was the best one.

‘Love is the thread that binds us’.

IMG_2943

I’m not the only one who will find it hard to say goodbye!

‘A quilt is a blanket of love’.

IMG_2961

The second last stage has finally arrived. I’m going to start the preparations for the binding.

IMG_2906

You can guess what I will be doing the next couple of days Wink.

Leave you with this poster I’ve made. All the stages of quiltmaking.

quilt poster

2 comments:

suz said...

wow! I bet it's going to be hard to part with it - it is an amazing quilt Helen. I'm sure she'll appreciate all the time and love you've put into it.

ruthsplace said...

Congrats on the finish! That is huge. Must be an amazing feeling.