Wednesday, 26 June 2013

Nearly another project completed

IMG_2823

Guess who has wrapped himself in Zoë’s Quilt? This is what happens when you spend nearly all your free time quilting and leaving the quilt on your chair for that well deserved break Hot

IMG_2817

Love this photo of Teddy! I think it is a complement that he likes the quilt.

Well I’m nearly there!!! I only have to finish quilting the bottom square corner. About 35 x 35 centimetres.

IMG_2830

As you can see in the next pictures, I’ve been quilting a lot! This has taken me nearly 4 years!

IMG_2832

IMG_2833

IMG_2834

Looks like I can put on the binding real soon. So yesterday I decided to go to Utrecht, had to be there for another appointment anyway, and get myself some binding.

The walk from where I had to be first to Carol Cox Patchwork shop, took a little longer than I had anticipated. I now have some blisters on my toes! The chiropodist wasn’t impressed this morning. Walking along the Oudegracht isn’t easy walking when you are wearing heels. Most of the side walks are from cobblestones in Utrecht.

But this quilt shop is always worth your visit.

photo1

photo2

photo3

Sorry for the blurry photos, the above 2 photos were taken with my iPhone  Wink

This is the Kaffe Fassett fabric I choose for the binding. Yes, got some matching thread for sewing on the binding, too.

IMG_2905

On the way back to the parking garage I came across Dille & Kamille, naturally I went in to have a quick look. Love this shop too. I bought this little wicker basket for my quilt notions! Couldn’r resist the temptation.

IMG_2919

No comments: