Monday, 27 May 2013

Sharing end of season photos

The quilting classes have come to an end for this season. We always have a break during summer. Our quilt teacher tends to have long holidays. Usually she goes bicycling in far away places. This time she is going to Thailand and Malaysia.

Last Wednesday and Thursday I had my last 2 classes and I want to share the photos of the projects that the quiltmakers are busy with. I hope you like.

Wednesday class (Creatief naaien)

Me working on my Dear Jane

IMG_2504

IMG_2507

You can admire this quilt coming Saturday, 1st of June at the Quilt Market in Putten. It is a replica of one of Leanne’s House patterns.

IMG_2505

This one is nearly done. Look a those tiny pieces in the centre.

IMG_2508

Thursday class (Fiets-groep)

Matty is on a roll! The next 4 photos are her works!

IMG_2510

IMG_2511

IMG_2512

This is a new project that Matty is working on.

IMG_2513

Here is ‘me’ showing my progress. Someone noticed that I used a different pattern for one of the diamond blocks. Here I’m explaining why.

IMG_2516

I’m really getting the hang of appliquéing! I think I like this technique. Oops, did I say that Wink. Some of my fellow quilters have complemented me on my work and precision. I’m blushing Embarrassed.

Look at all the attentive faces in the picture underneath. Aagje, our teacher, laying out all the blocks on the border fabric.

IMG_2517

This is going to be an other beauty!

IMG_2518

IMG_2519

Underneath the project Jannie is working on. This will be a quilted wall hanging for her grandchild. Aren’t the snails cute?

IMG_2521

The mice are cute too Smile

IMG_2523

IMG_2524

Another quilt nearly done! Marja seems to be on a roll too. A couple of weeks ago she started on this project and now she has already sandwiched it and started quilting.

IMG_2525

The backside of the quilt above. Look at these nice precise stitches.

IMG_2526

Yvonne, keeps on going. These compasses are part of a huge quilt. If I remember correctly, the quilt is going to be 250 x 250 cm (98.4 x 98.4 inches) when finished.

IMG_2527

Look at this beauty! When I look at this quilt I think I want to make another attempt at making the Medallion Sampler.

IMG_2531

Mirjam showing the other quiltmakers what she has learned.

IMG_2532

Thumb quilting! I think I need to try this again. But, where is my thumb thimble.

IMG_2534

Everyone working hard!

IMG_2536

Nearly completed this little block. Started appliquéing the second diamond. I used the Broderie Perse technique I learned in Di Fords workshop Smile. Broderie perse (French for "Persian embroidery") is a style of appliqué embroidery which uses printed elements to create a different image.

IMG_2537

2 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What beautiful projects...I really enjoyed seeing all the pictures...thanks for sharing :o)

Joan Lowder said...

Nice to see that quilt shops look the same no matter where you go.