Friday, 10 May 2013

It is time for a MEME again

Facts about me:

1. I have a Aussie accent when I speak English. Even when I speak Dutch, people usually hear a slight English accent coming through.

2. I've been together with Hubby for 10 years today (10th of May 2013).

3. I love coffee and can't imagine it not in my life.

4. Words that described me: analytical, committed, sentimentalist, listener, patient focused, direct, honest, linking pin, networker, intuitive, spiritual, conceptual thinker, curious, authentic, writer. Carer should be my middle name! 

5. I love the colour green when the trees bloom in spring.

6. I prefer the solitude of lakes and mountains over the busy seaside and beaches. But a day at Mission Beach, Queensland or Pebbly Beach, Durass, New South Wales would be a dream come true. Watching the dolphins surf is making a spiritual connection! 

7. Barbequing is my favourite summer time activity

8. I love reading...books change you and make you better.

9. Spring is my favourite time of the year.

10. If I could spend five thousand dollars selfishly on myself, what would I buy?

I'd take a trip with hubby to Australia to visit all my favourite places, like: Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Gippsland (Victoria), Mission Beach (Queensland), Byron Bay (NSW), Freemantle & Perth (Western Australia), and Durass & Tuross Head (NSW). Would it also be possible to fit in a visit to Broome? I don’t know why but I would love to go there too. It is going to be a long trip away!!

If I had another 5 thousand dollars I would go to the States and drive from Maine to Miami Smile. Yes, I know how to spend money and I never seem to have enough!

11.  What are my pet peeve?

Picking your nose. I kind of become nausea when I see people dig deep while I’m driving on the highway and they think no one notices!

Venting your anger or frustration out on me.

People who think the world evolves around them. Narcissistic types.

People who like to critic me. Put me down. You don’t know how much this hurts although I do realize I’m letting you get to me.

I'll stop there for now, but just know that I could go on.

12. Describing my morning/bedtime routine.

~morning~

Get up, go to the toilet, stand on scales, run to the kitchen to click on the coffee machine and drop 2 slices of bread in the toaster, drink my first cup of coffee, read my newspaper, listen to country music to set my heart right if I can, read a few blogs, fluff our duvets, shower and get dressed and start up the computer to work.

~bedtime~

brush teeth and wash my face, yes, I do my Clinique routine, lay in bed with hubby and read or talk a while. Lights out 10:00 pm.

13.  If I could meet anyone (alive), who would it be and why?

The first persons that comes to mind is Oprah, Obama, Brené Brown and Margaret Feinberg. At the moment they voice what I’m thinking and what I’m feeling.

I would also like to use this moment and say that I'd really would enjoy meeting a handful of bloggers and quilters out there who I adore. You know who you are Smile

14. Things that are still on my bucket list!!

To name a few: Go to the Paducah quilt show and take a couple of workshops, see the quilts and visit the vendors at Carrefour Européen du Patchwork in Saintes Marie aux Mines, visit a worship retreat, explore Scotland and take a trip across America in a campervan.

15. How many works in progress (WIP’s) do I have?

I’m too embarrassed to say Smile But here goes:

  • Star quilt (in quilting phase)
  • Zoë's quilt (in quilting phase)
  • Compass quilt
  • Feathered Star quilt
  • Kaleidoscope quilt
  • Dear Jane
  • ‘Twas the night before Christmas (stitchery quilt)
  • Medallion Sampler (in sandwiching phase)
  • Mini hexagon Grandma’s flower garden quilt

I’m sure someone will remind which project I forgot to mention (lol)

16. Things I care about

- my family and off course Teddy

- people who struggle with life limiting illness and know they are dying

- leaving my mark on society. At the moment I’m trying to figure out how to leave fresh fingerprints Wink 

17. How am I going to leave my mark?

- do what I love

- spread happiness

- encourage others

- love the world and do my bit to make this a better place to live. Treating the world with kindness and love so that future generations can enjoy it too.

- share my words. Be a storyteller! Divulge my years of wisdom on you. I love writing down my roving thoughts and sharing them with you! I hope you find something on this blog or in this post that makes you smile or makes you think. Or both.

18. My favourite thing to do on a lazy day.

Basking in the sun!

19. I’m on a deserted island. I can only have three things, what would they be?

Food & water, my family and iPad

20. If I could be given three wishes, what would they be?

  1. finding a job that energizes me and I can play my part in contributing to better patient care
  2. realizing my potential and doing what I’m passionate about
  3. living a life of grace

2 comments:

Elaine said...

I really, really hope we can meet face to face someday, perhaps at a Quilt Show!! You are an inspiring, encouraging, thoughtful person and I'm so thankful I have met you thru blogging!! I still have Gratitude on my cube wall at work, it gives me hope on really difficult days.

God bless you richly,
Elaine

quilter501 said...

Just wanted to say how much I enjoy your blog. You have such wonderful stitching...and real life "ponderings." I am up in a remote part of NE Washington state....retired professor of foreign languages who travelled every summer to Europe....crazy, nutsy, over the top quilter!!! If ever you start your caravan across the US on your bucket list....contact me. Beautiful home complete with cougars, moose, deer, wild turkeys etc. as semi-pets. Love to read your blog....you are a part of my life!