Saturday, 11 May 2013

Dear Jane club

Did some preparation before I left. The block I started on Wednesday was easy peasy and I knew I would finish it during our get-together.

IMG_2332

IMG_2333

IMG_2334

IMG_2335

IMG_2336

I left a little earlier than usual to be able to take some pictures of the alpacas. Sadly the weather is a little bleak. Maybe I should go for a visit when the sun is shining. Still, as you can see they were pretty close to the fence. I absolutely love these creatures.

IMG_2338

IMG_2342

IMG_2345

IMG_2349

IMG_2350

After the photo shoot I continued my journey. See the tractor? Yes, I’m travelling through the Dutch countryside Surprised

IMG_2351

IMG_2352

IMG_2353

I will stop at this bakkery one day.

IMG_2354

IMG_2355

As you can see I took some pictures while driving.

Arrived at my parking spot! Most of you have see this shot before, although I can guarantee that the photo was taken yesterday.

IMG_2356

IMG_2357

IMG_2362

Recognize it?

IMG_2363

Arrived on time! You wouldn’t think so after all those distractions.

IMG_2364

There were not a lot of us, but that didn’t dampen the fun.

IMG_2365

Finished!!

IMG_2366

Admiring the quilt Di Ford left behind. 

IMG_2367

Busy with the next block.

IMG_2369

One row done.

IMG_2370

Petra Prins herself was in the shop. I had thought of taking her new book with me to get it personally signed. But I didn’t put the book in my basket when I left home. Stupid, stupid me!

1-petra-prins-couv-2.jpg

This is what happens when you don’t put your thoughts into action. Now I still have a unsigned book. Maybe next time!

Have you had a chance to look through the book yet? Lovely quilts that makes me Smile . I even know most of the people who made them! I’m pretty impressed with their lovely work and what amazes me how quickly they finished them.

I understand that my Australian readers can check out the quilts personally at Quilts in the Barn. I’m sure Linda Collins will be telling more about this in one of her future posts. You will also be able to admire the Dutch Chintzes and reproduction fabrics produced by Den Haan & Wagenmakers. If I remembered the information I heard correctly, both Petra & Nel will be there coming September.

After our get-together I decided to walk through ‘het hofje’, Oude Bornhof.  A hofje is a Dutch word for a courtyard with almshouses around it. They have existed since the Middle Ages. This hofje is still in use. Lots of houses have become apartments. Hofjes are usually built in a U-shape with a yard or garden in the middle, and a gate as entrance.

IMG_2371

IMG_2372

IMG_2373

IMG_2374

IMG_2375

IMG_2376

IMG_2381

IMG_2382

IMG_2383

IMG_2385

 

IMG_2386

My drive back was very uneventful. But I did stop for another photo shoot Hot

IMG_2388

IMG_2397

4 comments:

Cindy lapjesliefde said...

Bakker bril in voorst is zeker een bezoekje waard heerlijke bakker
Leuk dat ik heb moge mee genieten van jou dagje

Groetjes

KijkDaarIs said...

Wat een heerlijk verslag heb je gemaakt!!!..en van die prachtige foto's!!!!
Het lijkt zo anders op een foto..;0)
Je hebt hard gewerkt..je had weer een blokje klaar....
Fijn weekend...

Zeker aan gaan bij bakker Bril in Voorst...hele lekkere koekjes...*Ü*

Sue G. said...

I stop by every once in awhile to see your pics. Lovely! Thanks for sharing! I also think your friends were waiting for another picture to be taken!! They were smiling again!!!!!

ruthsplace said...

Gorgeous photos, I love the alpacas. Your latest DJ block has so many tiny pieces!