Tuesday, 30 April 2013

intention

This month, May 2013, I’ve made a goal to live with more intention – to find ways to spend my time, my money and my gifts more wisely! At the moment I’m hovering between two worlds: the future and all its hope and promise. And, the past. 

Feeling a little unsure if things can really be different but I’m going to do everything possible to make it so.

Part of life is to accept that it’s unpredictable. Nothing is permanent, everything changes; and of course, a lot of things can happen that will transform who I am and have an impact on my life.

I’m taking a well deserved break to reflect and re-assess. I’m also choosing to accept the reality of my situation. Accepting the moment doesn’t imply I’m ok with it. It simply means being aware of the reality of the moment and not fighting it any longer. I’m trying real hard to welcome my new life-situation and welcoming all the emotions that come with it, instead of fighting it. I’m trying to learn from this experience. You never know… I could use this experience for input in realizing one of my dreams.

The problem I’m encountering is that I still need to cultivate the ability to truly accept whatever comes and embrace it. I need to accept the unpredictability of life and not having control over every situation. Acceptance is a choice – a hard one most definitely, but in the end, it’s a choice I can, need to make. I’m starting to see the positive of my situation. My greatest mindset change – I know it is going to be ok.

I’ve learned when to persist and when it’s time to accept and let go. I’m no longer staring at the closed door in front of me, and getting tired and bruised while trying to break it down. I’m seeing a window of opportunities. 

I’m also discovering that acceptance and spiritual interconnectedness is crucial to my healing. I’m not alone, Carl Jung, the famous Swiss psychotherapist and psychiatrist had noted it too.

During this month, I’m going to climb the ladder and take a peek.

‘Your life is the sum result of all the choices you make, both consciously and unconsciously. If you can control the process of choosing, you can take control of all aspects of your life. You can find the freedom that comes from being in charge of yourself’ ~ Robert F. Bennett

1 comment:

Celia Ambrose said...

I know exactly how you are feeling as I am in the same situation you have described. I share your sentiments and thoughts, and appreciate your willingness to share in this blog.

You are welcome to email me if you wish. I am going to peek above and see what is next as you wrote. Thanks for your inspiration.