Saturday, 23 March 2013

Quilt group

Because of the long hours I make, I had to skip some quilt classes the past months.

Luckily, the past two months, I was able to visit other groups and make up for the missed classes. Here are some of the works, these quiltmakers are making.

IMG_1579

IMG_1582

IMG_1584

IMG_1585 

The quilt top underneath is definitely something I haven’t seen before. This quiltmaker is using different techniques. This quilt is supposed to depict the start of life; sun, water, plants, galaxy, animals. She has designed this top herself.

IMG_1586

IMG_1588

The design of the outer border. Curious how it will look, once she uses fabric.

IMG_1590

IMG_1591

IMG_1592

Garden quilt. In the pond are water lilies. They are still in the making Batting Eyelashes

IMG_1594

Flowers popping through the fence

IMG_1595

In the far right corner, you can see the beginnings of a hydrangea. When it is done, some sunflowers will be added too.

IMG_1596

IMG_1597

Red and white quilts are the best Happy

IMG_1598

Here is the block I’m working on at the moment, the picture underneath. Another baby Jane! I was able to saw all the rows with the diamonds in them.

IMG_1599

PS: This job that I now have, entails I get paid for 38 hours but I work about 50 hours a week. Some weeks I even can count up to  60. I’m noticing this doesn’t make me happy. This isn’t what I want! However, at the moment I don’t see how I can change the situation. What angers me, is that the people I work with don’t find this unusual, they kind of expect it of you.

We live in a society that takes! Every individual kind of expects the world evolves around him and him only. Satisfying everyone in their needs, is kind of taking every thing I have. I have nothing to give anymore! 

No comments: