Saturday, 30 March 2013

Art or craft?

Appliqué! Mirjam is doing a appliqué course at Laura’s Quilt-atelier. I love the fabrics she choose to use. I’m also liking the end result of this block. Is appliqué for me? Would I like to take on another project? Or will I just stick to those appliqué challenges in the Dear Jane Quilt? Questions, questions?

IMG_1604

IMG_1605

IMG_1606

Baby Jane – C7 ~ Megan’s Mountain. I’ve been working on this block for some time. Too many little pieces! Sewing these pieces together is definitely a craft.

IMG_1607

IMG_1608

Mirjam’s Medallion Quilt Sampler nearly totally quilted.

IMG_1609

IMG_1610

The centre of this baby Jane finally completed.

IMG_1614

Another end result! One block completed.

IMG_1615

A close-up of another block that Mirjam is working on.

IMG_1617

I love these Holy SuperBobs that Mirjam has. The donut holds about 35 pre-wound bobbins of appliqué threads in all the rainbow colours!  Suppressing the urge to buy Confused

IMG_1620

Loved this issue of Quiltmania! Absolutely loved seeing the two quilts that Linda Collins has published in this issue. Read more here.

IMG_1619

No comments: