Sunday, 17 February 2013

Surprise

I finally finished another ‘trip’! This picture is taken with an iPhone. It is a little blurry but you get the picture Happy Mirjam, took this photo in Zutphen at Petra Prins Patchwork & Quilting shop.

iPhone_photo_001

Here is a close-up that was taken Saturday.

IMG_1377

It has taken me a while, but I finally finished another trip. Four more to go! I can finally start on my next trip, so I got out my box of civil war fabrics to look for some red fat eights.

IMG_1360 

I printed out all the 16 templates for this trip using my Dear Jane Quilt Design Software. I than laid out the print-outs on the table.

IMG_1361

The next step is always a little challenging. How will I arrange the fabrics. I finally choose this arrangement.

IMG_1362

Made a nice pile! I noticed that I had printed a block that doesn’t belong to the next trip. My efforts last Friday were for nothing. These cut-out templates will go in a envelope to be used sometime in the future.  

IMG_1363

A couple of hours later I finally started on the C7 – Megan’s Mountain Laurel

IMG_1379

I draw and cut-out all the pieces for this block. This block consists of 36 pieces! Some pieces are really tiny. As you can see in the next photo.

IMG_1381

I’ll be showing the finished block in one of the next posts. I now have to make time to sew all the pieces together.

No comments: