Wednesday, 13 February 2013

Flu

It has been a while since my last post. This is mainly because I had the flu. Boy, was this one a goody. I was in bed for 7 days. I only wanted to sleep and be kept warm. Lucky me, I have an electric blanket. One in my bed and one lounge electric blanket. The lounge blanket kept me warm so that I could watch some films. Reading, Facebook, or quilting was just too much effort.

It will take up to a week for the flu virus to really affect our bodies. Looking back, the warning signs were the episodes of wheezing and shortness of breath I experienced a couple of days before. I needed my inhaler a couple of times. After that I showed the following signs:

  • Fever with body temperature 37.7 degrees Celsius or more - √
  • Common respiratory problems such as cold and cough - √
  • Clogged and runny nose - √
  • Migraine accompanied by muscle pains  - √
  • Vomiting
  • Stomach cramps - √
  • Diarrhea
  • Chills and Fatigue – √

I had the above symptoms with the checkmark. Have you had the flu yet? Count yourself lucky if you haven’t. It was a bad one. From experience this was the worst flu I’ve had ever.

No comments: