Sunday, 6 January 2013

First post in 2013

Love new starts and that is how 2013 feels. Anything is possible and in my mind al the possibilities seem great. What I also love about this annual transition is that a new year equals a new slate — a fresh start. I’m paying more attention to the areas which are going well! Rather than dwelling on what could be better or what I feel I should be doing.

So what are the things I’m happy about. One of my achievements this past week was that I walked every day, alternately 15 to 20 minutes a day. Today I started on my second week of my walking schedule! Love my small walks! And, although my right shin hurts pretty much after 10 minutes. I persevere! It should get better once I have my compression stockings.

The other thing that makes me smile is this:

IMG_1255

Couple of weeks ago I removed the leaves, as my previous effort wasn’t that good. I’m pretty happy with the end result of my second attempt appliquéing the leaves on F-9 Autumn Aster.  Still have to remove the freezer paper Winking.

Underneath you see H-5 Michael’s Motorcycle completed.

IMG_1256

The next block is I-8 Pete’s Paintbox

IMG_1257

And as you can see I’m well on my way in completing I-6 Viewer’s Choice.

IMG_1258

I’m not deterred by the fact that I didn’t complete the whole trip as I was hoping for before Christmas. There are enough days left in this year to work on my Dear Jane Happy.

How am I achieving this change? By regularly jotting down the things for which I’m grateful and keeping a weekly achievement log. I’m also focussing more on the effort I put into things. I usually don’t acknowledge the effort something took. And producing these baby Janes takes a lot of effort. So the next couple of months I’m going to be happy with every tiny block I make and I’m not going to think about the end result and how long it will take me to get there.

You cannot hold on to anything good. You must be continually giving - and getting. You cannot hold on to your seed. You must sow it - and reap anew. You cannot hold on to riches. You must use them and get other riches in return. ~ Robert Collier

4 comments:

Berna said...

De beste wensen voor 2013 Helen! Je bent weer een paar mooie blokjes rijker van je DJ. Mooi!

ruthsplace said...

The dear Jane blocks look wonderful.

Please don't ignore pain and persevere, see a doctor to find out why it hurts. I ignored pain and am still off my feet 9 months later...

Bed, breakfast en quilts said...

prachtig zijn je blokjes geworden!

pandchintz said...

Loving your Dear Jane blocks. More incentive to get mine out.....again......!