Monday, 31 December 2012

New Year Countdown

 

2013-new-year-counter

It is nearly 2013, another 8 hours to go, so I guess this will be my last post this year. I’m glad to say goodbye to 2012 and looking forward to seeing what 2013 will bring.

“Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.” ~ Jim Rohn

This is my Happiness Pledge. I will recite this every morning, or when needed.  Making it the expression of my inner yearning, the rhythm of my beating heart and a roadmap to a happier life. I’m thinking of making this into a poster so that I can glance at it every day.

 

The Happiness Pledge

I pledge to live my life with passion and purpose,
To live with integrity to principle-centred values,
To forgive quickly and love unconditionally,
To live courageously and learn voraciously,
To work for the possible and believe in the miraculous,
To treat myself compassionately as a glorious work-in-progress.

I pledge to fill my thoughts with gratitude and kindness,
To persevere and overcome with dignity and elegance,
To live in the moment, learn from the past and plan for the future,
To broaden my mind, strengthen my character and deepen my spirituality,
To see the best in others and in myself,
To laugh and play and bless and serve.

I pledge to take better care of me,
To listen to my soul and body,
To not let myself be influence by other people’s opinions,
To walk every day and enjoy the wind, rain, or sunshine,
as all truly great thoughts are conceived by walking.
To let my creativity flow, and have no fear of perfection,
as I know I’ll never reach it.
To accept that any change, even a change for the better, is
always accompanied by drawbacks and discomforts.
To focus less on what I want and be happy with what I have.

I pledge to find beauty in life’s rainy days,
To notice its roses amidst the thorns,
To prefer what lifts and inspires and ennobles,
To never take life for granted or myself too seriously,
To leave the world better than when I found it,
To stay true to the spark of the divine inside me,
To be patient with my progress as I stumble forward on the campus of life.

I pledge, therefore, to live a life of growing joy and deepening happiness as the natural by product of the choices I make, the habits I form, the thoughts I harbour and the actions I take within the context of what I believe about myself, life and others. And so I pledge to be a daily project of love, learning and growing one step at a time.

Thanks Ken Wert for the Happiness Pledge. As you can see I added one extra paragraph. Visit his blog, here

This January, tomorrow, why not start the year with an empty jar and fill it with notes about good things that happen. Then, on New Years Eve 2013, empty it and see what awesome stuff happened that year.

Can’t wait to read the contents. I might even share them with you Happy 

Happy New Year 2013

Another fresh new year is here . . .
Another year to live!
To banish worry, doubt, and fear,
to love and laugh and give!
To my blogger friends who have suffered
some hard times
may 2013 bring you some peace and laughter.
Remember to enjoy the moment
and live the life you want to live.
Happy New Year!!!!

3 comments:

Judith said...

Wat een beloftes! Suc6 met het waar maken daarvan, all THE best for 2013!

Berna said...

Een goeie jaarwisseling en een knallend 2013!
Tot volgend jaar!

Supergoof said...

Heel veel GELUK in 2013!!
:o)