Sunday, 18 November 2012

Workshop

Hello quiltmakers & blogfollowers,

Friday I was in a foul mood and I have to admit I held on to this till about Saturday 11am. Partly I can blame my mood on ‘the others’ but mostly I have to blame myself. My list of have-to-do was once again too long and I left some things till the last moment. I find it hard to accept that some things are never done. Once you have ticked off one item of the list, something else is added to the list.

I purposefully decided to create more balance in my day, but I have to admit I’m not quite there yet. Still, this past week I said no  a little more frequently. It is becoming a little easier, to hold on to what I want and need, and not to be influenced by what ‘the others’ want and need from me.

What changed my foul mood? Jacqueline de Jonge, another quiltmaker.

IMG_1090

Jacqueline is the lady on the right.

What a great teacher! Check out her Facebook wall. Saturday I attended a workshop she gave in Putten. I’m learning how to make her Twinkle Star quilt. Friday evening I was convinced that I should not have enrolled in this class. It would be much too difficult, especially as I’m not proficient with the sewing machine.

Well guess who was wrong?

IMG_1095

Guess who bought this fabric stash, at the end of class, to finish this quilt?

IMG_1099

Guess who planned a date with another quilter from this class to make some quick advancements on this quilt?

Isn’t it pretty? I’ll be giving this quilt to Tess, once it is completed.

IMG_1083

IMG_1088

IMG_1092

My new ruler. A inch ruler.

IMG_1093

Busy at work.

IMG_1079

End result, at the end of the day.

IMG_1096

The other participants.

IMG_1076

A nearly completed star from another participant

IMG_1078

Another finished example.

IMG_1081

And, another one.

IMG_1082

When this quilt is completed, or at least the top, it will look something like this.

I came home very tired but very contend. My foul mood had lifted.

So what better way to end your busy but fun day, then having yourself some chilli?

IMG_1097

3 comments:

Berna said...

Toen ik de eerste resultaten zag, dacht ik meteen: dat is een vrolijk patroon voor je nichtje! Met snel resultaat zo te zien.
Veel succes ermee en een fijne zondag.

ruthsplace said...

What a fabulous block. The quilt is going to look fabulous with the fabric you've chosen.

I can't believed that it's machine pieced!

suz said...

Isn't quilting wonderful - I find it helps so much at the end of the day. I work for lawyers and I end up so frustrated some days that sewing is such a God-send. This is a wonderful quilt and you are off to a great start!