Saturday, 20 October 2012

Quilt workshop

Last May I signed up for a workshop that will be given by Jacqueline de Jonge. Want to know more about Jacqueline, visit her website here. For those going to the International Quilt Festival in Houston, you might see her! I heard she will be there.

I signed up for the Twinkle Star quilt, that she designed sometime ago. Found a picture on the web, to show how it will turn-out. Awesome quilt, don’t you think? For the curious, this quilt contains nearly 1400 pieces. What have I taken on, little worried nowWorried!!

TwinkleStar

Naturally I’ll be making the big version: 190 x 220 cm (75 x 86 inches). This week I received a envelop with the pattern. Although the workshop is not till a couple of weeks, I thought I better start with the preparations. Yes, I actually got homework to do!!

So this morning I drove to Putten to the Quilt shop to buy some fabrics. Lucky me, I was able to take advantage of the 25 % discount the owner was giving this week. The reason for this great discount was that the owner was celebrating her 12 1/2 year anniversary. The quilt shop, picture underneath, was established in March 2000. I missed the first 5 years but the other 7 1/2 I’ve been following lots of classed here. 

Photo: Vandaag de 1e feestdag van ons  12½ jarig bestaan,<br />heel gezellig, veel drukte en de ballonnen maakte alles heel feestelijk.<br />U bent van harte welkom

Here is a close-up underneath of the fabrics I bought for the Twinkle Star Quilt. Three greens, 3 orange, 3 pinks, one purple, one striped fabric and red fabric for the corners.

IMG_0893

Nice and bright aren’t they? I think this quilt will go to Tess (my other niece) once it is finished. How long do you think it will take me to finish this quilt? Reminder, before you answer, it has nearly taken me 6 years to complete Zoë’s Quilt Blushing.

IMG_0894

Tonight the fabrics will be washed and once they are dry and ironed, I will cut strips in preparation of the workshop.

2 comments:

Judith said...

mooie stoffen, dat wordt een hele kluif die je daar op je genomen hebt! Succes......

ruthsplace said...

Beautiful fabric, it's going to be a gorgeous quilt.

I hope you have fun at your workshop.