Monday, 15 October 2012

Meditative moment

“When we make room for silence, we make room for ourselves. Silence invites the unknown, the untamed, the wild, the shy, the unfathomable – that which rarely has a chance to surface within us.”  Gunilla Norris, Sharing Silence

What does it mean to wonder? According to Gunilla, it means to fully experience without mental conclusions. To wonder is open-ended and full of attention. To wonder is to be alive with curiosity and spaciousness and with such courtesy toward the given that it has the chance to become a gift to us.

The 33rd verse of the Tao has brought me into a ‘wondering’-state. Wonder how this verse  will  effect  you?

One who understands others has knowledge; one who understands himself has wisdom. Mastering others requires force; mastering the self needs strength.

If you realize that you have enough, you are truly rich.

One who gives himself to his position, surely lives long, one who gives himself to the Tao, surely lives forever.

It will take me a few days to process this. I’m paying attention to the flow of my life.

I’m practicing letting go. Yes, letting go of my expectations and judgments. This will be a challenge considering the place I am at now. But I’m hoping that in  time, my open attending will become a continuous state, a deep relatedness that is known as meditation or prayer without ceasing.

“Let your ears hear whatever they want to hear; let your eyes see whatever they want to see; let your mind think whatever it wants to think; let your lungs breathe in their own rhythm. Do not expect any special result, for in this wordless and idealess state, where can there be past or future, and where any notion of purpose”. Allan Watts, Tao, the watercourse way.

Trying to grasp the

now

1 comment:

suz said...

I've been reading your blog for some time now and find that you offer quite a bit of wisdom. Very recently I experienced something very negative in my life that I had no choice but to address. I went back thru your blog and found some very good advice that helped me to address the situation in a positive way...something I don't normally do. I think the outcome was good and going forward will be better. I just wanted to thank you and let you know that your journey has been very inspiring.