Saturday, 13 October 2012

Going to Nantes!

Next year April, from the 24th till the 27th, you will find me here.


View Larger Map

Yes, you guessed right, I’m going to Pour L’Amour du Fil, the big quilt fair in France.

My French isn’t that good, but lucky for us we now have Google Translator. This is the translation: For the love of Yarn.

As many already know, this trade fair is exclusively dedicated to creative and imaginative ideas for working with fabrics, threads and yarns of all types. Can’t wait to experience the atmosphere, meet the many different designers and take a class or two. There are some quilters I have been admiring from afar for some time. Artist like Di Ford, Kaffe Fassett, Polly Minick & Laurie Simpson. It is great to see that Petra Prins will be there too.

But I can’t wait to meet Brenda Papadakis, yes, the author of the Dear Jane book. As a janiac I won’t miss this ‘Dear Jane’ exhibition.

Like the international quilt festival in Houston, there will be lots of booths. Wonder who will be there. This is an impression of the show in 2012.

Hope this quilt fair will be just as good as the one last April. From what I hear from other quilters, I won’t be disappointed. 

I’m sure I will need lots of pocket money.

I’m not going alone! Mirjam, will be joining me. We have been talking about undertaking this trip for some time. I guess she is looking forward to this adventure as much as I am. As she has already booked our hotel! This means we are really going!

If you have plans to go too, let me know. Would love to meet up with you and hear about your quilt passion.

No comments: