Saturday, 29 September 2012

Re-discovery of Dear Jane mojo!

The Dear Jane keeps me bewitched! Every little baby Jane curtails a discovery in itself. And, I can’t explain why I need to go to my Dear Jane group to re-discover my mojo. Is it because of the addictive environment, sitting around the table surrounded by all these beautiful quilts? Or is it because of seeing the progress of others?

IMG_0763

IMG_0764

IMG_0766

IMG_0767

Hand piecing gives me joy. Thanks Suz for this insight and leaving a comment on previous post! It is indeed a deep feeling of exultant happiness or contentment that bestirs in me when I thread the needle and start piecing.

IMG_0770

Finished G4 and added two blocks (G4 & G10) to my Dear Jane in progress.

IMG_0768

I couldn’t wait to come home and show Hubby and the world my progress Wink I feel elated bringing this quilt into being. It is such an inspiring quilt. I don’t feel intimidated by some of the baby Jane’s. I see them as another challenge to over come. Actually, this quilt is a metaphor of life!

IMG_0794

On the way home I naturally had to stop and visit the alpaca’s.

IMG_0790

This cutie came up to me.

IMG_0788

And, look at these two curious alpaca’s

IMG_0785

Continued my drive home dreaming of that alpaca farm with a quilt room like that of Valori Wells Smile

http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/images/img_sewing-studioslg_ss9.jpg

3 comments:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

There is something very soothing when one takes a needle and thread in hand. I think that's part of why I love hand appliqué so much. It's been a long time since I've hand pieced any Dear Jane's perhaps after seeing your post I should dust them off and get working on them again too :o)

KijkDaarIs said...

het was weer hartstikke gezellig...ik heb de rode accenten nog maar even laten zitten op mijn Jane..;0)
heel fijn weekend!!

ruthsplace said...

Your DJ is looking wonderful. I love hand piecing too, I find it very relaxing.