Tuesday, 14 August 2012

Update on Zoë’s Quilt

Nearly completed the heart chain around this quilt. Going around the last corner!

IMG_0299

Nearly there!! Can you see it?

IMG_0302

It is a big quilt that is being intensively hand quilted. It might take forever but the result is worth all the effort. I’ve got about 1/8 to go, before I can put on the binding. Maybe even less.

IMG_0300

Had to take a picture of my thread caddy! Don’t you love it? Can’t quilt without my hedgehog (needle puller). The hedgehog is the tool with the thimble on top. I really hope that I will never need to replace it, as I really don’t like the new ones. The thimble on top is a size 16. It is a little lose and would really love to have a 15.5 mm thimble. If you know where I can get one, please leave a comment or send me an e-mail with the address of the retailer. The next size is a 15mm and that is too tight.

IMG_0301

Hope to get some more quilting done in the next couple of weeks. I’m really happy that I’m finding my rhythm again.

5 comments:

KijkDaarIs said...

Je bent er bijna!!!..dat is een lekker gevoel...en wat wordt het leuk met al die hartjes...
Fijne avond..

Berna said...

Ik hoor de trom al roffelen Helen. Je bent er bijna! Go on girl! Succes met de laatste draadjes. Dit jaar heb je een affo!

ruthsplace said...

The quilt is looking great. I think your thread caddy is fabulous!!

Lida said...

Ziet er prachtig uit! Succes met je speurtocht naar een goede vingerhoed, ik zoek juist een grotere! Groetjes
Lida

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I like your thread caddy - very nice and handy to have everything right in one place! The quilt looks very fine indeed!
Karen