Friday, 27 July 2012

Civil War fabrics

A little while ago Mirjam (no blog) brought these fabrics back for me. She found these bundles of Civil War reproductions when she was shopping at Gramma Fannie’s Quilt Barn in Millersburg, Ohio.

Here is a pile of Fat Eights.

IMG_0079

And, some Fat Quarters.

IMG_0080

I washed & ironed them this week. Yes, that is my routine before cutting the fabric and assembling the pieces in preparation of the next block that I’m going to piece (sew). You don’t want to know how many boxes I now have with civil war reproductions. Two years ago I didn’t have any and now I don’t have enough room for them. I’ll be getting some larger boxes to store them in and then they will be moving to the garage!

Doesn’t this photo look idyllic?

IMG_0081

I expect to find some ‘time’ coming month to do some piecing and clear up my study. Hope to post some more pictures of my progress next couple of weeks.

3 comments:

KijkDaarIs said...

wat een prachtige stofjes..en een hele leuke foto..!!
hier zijn nog niet veel steekjes gemaakt...maar wie weet dit weekend
fijne avond

Lida said...

Gave lapjes en wat veel! Nu jij kunt van start met een heel mooie quilt!
Veel plezier met je steekjes,
lida

ruthsplace said...

Gorgeous fabrics. I'm planning on doing a civil war DJ quilt...one day.