Friday, 4 May 2012

OEQC Veldhoven

Look where I have been!

2012_05_03

2012_05_031

2012_05_032

2012_05_033

2012_05_034

After admiring all the quilts and taking pictures of most of them, I walked towards the vendors, when I heard ‘hello Helen’, it was Pauline. I’m always a little surprised as I never expect to meet someone I know! Jacqueline was there also. The four of them had a fun day. But from what I gather, it was a long & tiring day but very successful.

IMG_9006

After saying goodbye and wishing them a safe trip home, I continued my walk to the vendors.

IMG_9012

I’ve finally met Esther Miller!! Both Pauline as Jacqueline mentioned that she was here at the OEQC. I got a personal tutorial from Esther Miller, using her special needle glider. As I don’t have my own quilting frame, I decided against purchasing one. But what did I buy?

IMG_9036

Yes, my own sterling silver thimble.

I had a lovely inspiring chat and I hope I can meet her again next year. I’m considering going to one of her retreats! Want to read more, visit her website here.

I also went to the Den Haan & Wagenmakers booth and after admiring the Josephine quilt for nearly 2 years, I purchased the kit to make one myself. More information can be found here

IMG_9013

IMG_9035

IMG_9033

On the way out, I dropped in the booth that Gerda was managing for Petra Prins.

IMG_9027

While chatting with Gerda, someone came alongside me and asked are you Helen from Helen’s Blog. It was Miranda, who I only know through her blog. We are two Janiacs crazy about the Dear Jane.

IMG_9029

Again it becomes clear, that blogging brings so many people together. I’m sure we would never have met if it wasn’t because of our blogs. If I understood her correctly I think I will be meeting Miranda again soon and than I can admire her Dear Jane personally. 

After my walkabout, I purchased one other item.

IMG_9032

It was a very successful day as you can see. I went home content and with a big smile on my face.

No comments: