Sunday, 27 May 2012

Attitude for gratitude – week 21

I hope everyone is enjoying this 3-day weekend as much as I am. Today (Whit Sunday) we are commemorating the descent of the Holy Spirit upon the remaining 11 Apostles of Christ. Pentecost always falls on the tenth day after Ascension Thursday. Tomorrow is the holiday celebrated after Pentecost.

Beaming after my visit to the GP last Tuesday. Got a chance to take some great pictures! I’m really enjoying ‘freezing a moment in time’.

Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a desire fulfilled is a tree of life – Proverbs 13:12

The past months I’ve really hoped certain things would turnout ok. Slowly acceptance is taking place that it won’t. I need to change!

wales2008-182341-292

One thing I’ve learned the past 3 years! I need to stop waiting for change to happen, I need to change and ‘it’ will change with me. At the moment I’m satisfied with where I am, and hope soon that I again be of significant value for society.

I’m blissful to realize I’m on the right track. Last Thursday I was at a great symposium. The content really inspired me. Loved the presentation given by Patrick van der Pijl and had to buy this book afterwards:

I’m going to reinvent my life WorriedDo check-out this site, here. It is also a great tool to change your career but also to change the organisation! Making strategic decisions becomes a lot easier using this tool.

Friday was a day that started out great but ended with me feeling very sad. People form impressions by what they see, hear, feel, and sadly we can’t change this perception. You know it is bad when their perception becomes the truth!

"And when different perceptions battle against one another, the truth has a way of getting lost." Quote by Emanda from the tv-serie Revenge.

So here I go again and for that I’m grateful. I love pioneering, I love a adventure.  The only thing that is holding me back is the fear of failure and time. I do hope I can change my destiny in the near foreseen future!

“The greatest barrier to success is the fear of failure.” – Sven Goran Eriksson

 IMG_9285

Blessed with these two new photinias. They look a lot healthier than the ones removed last week.

IMG_9277

No comments: