Sunday, 20 May 2012

Attitude for Gratitude – week 20

Reading this book: A simple act of gratitude by John Kralik.

Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude. Denis Waitley.

From personal experience I can say it is good to look at the many things in my life for which I’m grateful. As many know I write from the heart. It is than really great to receive your comments and e-mails letting me know that my post has touched you too.

I’m thankful for this 4-day weekend. I needed a little break, to put things into perspective. To keep my fingers occupied I’ve done some stitchery. I’ve also started on another baby Jane!

IMG_9185

IMG_9186

IMG_9188

Delighted that Hubby did the heavy work. Yesterday, we  concluded after speaking with our local gardener that the Photinias - 'Red Robin' -  that we planted last November didn’t survive the –20 degrees Celsius frost of last February.

IMG_9197

Here it is being dug up. Getting two new ones delivered next week!

IMG_9215

Hubby also planted these! A hedge on the side of the house.

IMG_9210

Hoping these new Taxus will grow quickly. I really wanted them to be a little taller but then they wouldn’t have fitted in the car! Still, I’m happy how the side patch is turning out. For those curious, I did some weeding and racking the debris together!

I’m sure this cat is grateful for his life! Doesn’t he look relaxed basking in the sun?

IMG_9174

Feeling upbeat after my shopping spree with mum. We went to Germany to look for some shoes. In one of the shops, I was told I had too small feet. They don’t carry my size. Northern German women have large feet. Left a little disappointed as they had some great shoes I would love to own. Guess I will be going to Brussel next time. Last year I had a very successful shoe shopping spree there! So hopefully you will find me soon on the Kleerkopersstraat in Brussel Winking. I’m sure my mum is looking forward to this little trip. I did get a nice denim skirt in Aschendorf and a tank top and jacket (which I can wear casually but also to the office) in Leer.

Little forlorn Wednesday evening! First I though it was a spell of food poisoning, but as I still feel a little under the weather I guess I got a stomach flu (nausea, diarrhea and headache). Thankful I’m able to write this post, but pleased I can take a nanna nap (longer than a power nap, shorter than a proper sleep) later in the day.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Oh, wat zijn dat toch kleine stukjes ... ik bewonder iedereen die deze quilt maakt ....