Sunday, 22 April 2012

My bohemian life

I would just like to say a few words about myself. ‘Underneath my skin, I’m absolutely’ … a bohemian country girl. The modern world is a hard place for a Bohemian like me. It's hard to live in a corporate-fed society that is obsessed with power, power & power. So what is a bohemian country girl to do? Step into my world for a moment, and I will tell you. I live my life on my own terms. As I get older this becomes easier every day. I live each day in wonder. I’m philosophical, creative, writer, peace loving, romantic, spiritual, knowledge seeker and quilt maker. Do I dare show my true self to the real world?

Bohemianism is the practice of an unconventional lifestyle with few permanent ties. Bohemians are wanderers and adventurers. A bohemian is "a person with artistic or intellectual tendencies, who lives and acts with no regard for conventional rules of behaviour."  If you want to classify me in a type, I would describe myself as a Nouveau-Zen Bohemian country girl.

A bohemian is a person who lives an artistic lifestyle, placing freedom of self-expression above all other desires. What’s my attraction you ask? Maybe it is the dedication to an inner focus that extends past the self. I believe that the expressions of art and philosophy are the underpinnings of a foundation that unites rather than divides. Whatever the reasons, the freedom-loving bohemian with the flowing eccentric clothes, unconventional ideas, and unique self-expression continues to enrich cultures worldwide.

My wall poster

bohemian wall poster

I’m being inspired by Emmanuel Levinas, a French Philosopher. His notes provide some interesting reading. I like his world view.

PS – or am I a wanderer (= to move about without a definite destination or purpose)?

No comments: