Sunday, 29 April 2012

Attitude for Gratitude – week 17

disposition_quote

A disposition is a habit, a preparation, a state of readiness, or a tendency to act in a specified way. It reflects the concept of personality traits. Personality can be defined as a dynamic and organized set of characteristics possessed by a person that uniquely influences his or her cognitions, motivations, and behaviours in various situations. This week I had to reflect on my personality traits and my disposition. I’m happy to say, I’m happy who I am. Sadly, the ‘others’ aren’t. They don’t accept me for who I am and what I can bring them. I’m grateful that I posses the ability to accept, or tolerate differences and diversity in other people or groups of people.  It's important to understand that diversity affects performance, motivation, success, and interactions with others. In most workplaces they prefer homogeneity. It has taken me a long time, but I can accept that we can’t change everything, but I can change myself.

I love this note I got from the Universe: Asking someone to change, Helen, is like pruning a tree: neither will ever be the same again. Scarier still, is that you can't quite know in what new directions they'll grow. But hey, it's still your call. I couldn’t have said it better myself.

Sadly, we aren’t always able to choose our circumstances. What gives me strength is to know I’m not alone in this. We can change however our own circumstances. I belief that my circumstances is the catalyst I need to come into action.    

I like to innovate and integrate where this brings benefits to healthcare in general but specifically for (future) patients. This is my Intrinsic motivator. I usually ask ‘what’ & ‘why’ we are doing this. This doesn’t make me popular with managers. I wonder how a leader would react to me. To me a leader is a “fearless innovator” who challenges the status quo and is unafraid to take high risks in search of high rewards, for customers, employees and shareholders alike. At the moment we are all in search of those ‘leaders’.

I’m gladsome for being able to replace my old SatNav with a new one. Driving in my car has become an better experience since I have the Nuvi® 3590LMT.

I feel upbeat after meeting up with Linda Collins yesterday. It was an inspiring meeting. I’ve gotten the urge to pick-up the needle and thread again. 

I’m rapturous after meeting some interesting people Friday. It would be great if I was able to meet them again soon.

Still a little intoxicated after my meditation session last Thursday.  Meditation has long been thought to have beneficial spiritual consequences, but science has also backed up claims of physical benefits. Meditation helps relax us, release pent up stress, and makes us feel more at peace. Especially the last benefit gives me joy.

The countdown for my 5-year blogoversary has started. How am I going to celebrate? The blogging experience has been exuberating. Although there are times that I don’t know what I’m going to write and many times I have nothing quilt-related to report, I still get a lot of pleasure from blogging. So I think I will continue blogging for another year.

No comments: