Sunday, 22 April 2012

Attitude for Gratitude post – week 16

Entranced after hearing Jason Mraz – Traveler/Make it Mine in hubby’s music room. Wow, it sound hundred times better than in my car. I love his cd ‘Beautiful Mess – Live on Earth’. Last Friday I was listening to it on the way to work and I turned it on really loud. To soak in the happiness. I guess I wasn’t the only one who liked it. All of a sudden some people in other cars started to swing Batting Eyelashes.

On the 22nd of November he will be in Amsterdam. Shall I go?

Looking forward to his new album ‘Love is a four letter word’. In my next life I hope to be a backing vocalist! And be able to ‘sing a song, sing out loud, sing out strong’ ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

I’ve decided to focus on me a little more and live ‘now’. Next to yoga, I’m now also doing a meditation course. It was very intoxicating. Meditation, allows me to be aware of my surroundings, develop a sense of sensitivity in perceiving every moment, and enabling me to accept stressful situations, instead of avoiding them. I experienced these benefits during my first session, increased awareness, a feeling of relaxation, better mental focus, and greater clarity of mind.

Feeling jubilant after my evening out with an ex-colleague. We had a lot of catching-up to do and did this while we had sushi. 

Found a new distraction: Pinterest. Pinterest is a pinboard-style social photo sharing website that allows users to create and manage theme-based image collections such as events, interests, hobbies and more.

pinterest-pin-I’ve already noticed that some quilters I know have their own board Winking 

Yesterday, we had our annual family BBQ gathering at our house for our birthdays. Yes, hubby and I nearly share the same birthday. Isn’t it a coincidence, our birthdays being only one day apart?

I made two cakes on Saturday. A chocolate cake

IMG_8806

A carrot & banana cake

IMG_8808

For the first time in a long time, we had our birthday gathering inside. Usually, the temperatures are mid-20 °C around my birthday. Except this year Sad

This is what I got from hubby. My own Lowepro Passport Sling Camera Bag

IMG_8829

And, a colonial canvas hat

IMG_8830

My family gave me enclosed envelops. This will go towards my custom sewing table that I’m letting been made.

Thursday was an exceptionally good day as I received some good news. Lets hope I can share it with you real soon On the phone

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
-- Albert Schweitzer

There is Sunshine in my Soul this week!

4 comments:

Lida said...

Keep the sunshine and share it with all you meet in this new live year! Wish you and your hubby all the best! Greetings
Lida

Judith said...

Happy birthday to you both!! Would live to see you in your hat!!

Berna said...

Ook hier nog een keer gefeliciteerd en nu ook voor JW!
De taarten zien er geod uit en zullen vast goed gesmaakt hebben. Je cadeautjes zijn niet alleen mooi maar ook erg praktisch. Net als Juud ben ik benieuwd hoe de hoed je staat.
Tot gauw! (hoop ik)

Beverley said...

Happy birthday both.
On the 22nd, go!
Amy chance of the banana cale recipe please?
Bev