Tuesday, 6 March 2012

Helen’s Diary of 5 – 06/03/12

 

quill and watch

Join the Diary of Five community here

A diary of 5 was created to give your senses a gentle work-out. To help you to become more aware of those little moments around you.

I am seeing...

IMG_8318

“To awaken each morning with a smile brightening my face; to greet the day with reverence for the opportunities it contains; to approach my work with a clean mind; to hold ever before me, even in the doing of little things, the Ultimate Purpose toward which I am working; to meet men and women with laughter on my lips and love in my heart; to be gentle, kind, and courteous through all the hours; to approach the night with weariness that ever woos sleep and the joy that comes from work well done -- this is how I desire to waste wisely my days.” ~ Thomas Dekker (1570-1632)

I am hearing… the birds chirping a little less at the moment. It is just past 8am. I love awakening to their sound when it is just between night and day. At the moment that is about 6am. Today the sun came up at 7.12 am (behind lots of clouds) and sunset will be at 6.29 pm.

I am smelling…. freshly brewed coffee. I’m back drinking the real stuff. My blood pressure is so low (due to the low potassium) that I don’t think the stuff will hurt me Blushing

I tasted …. grapefruit. I love having a half a grapefruit early in the morning. The bitter, tangy and sweet stimulus on my tongue is the right way to start my day.

I’m touching….. my keyboard while typing this post. I absolutely enjoy the feel of 10 fingers gliding across my mini-keyboard. A little tap – creates a letter and many letters create a word and lots of words suddenly make up a sentence. I appreciate everyday that my mum send me on a typing course when I was 18. This skill has made my life so much more enjoyable. I think I wouldn’t be able to write if I couldn’t type.

Sixth sense – spirituality….. continue on this path.

You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need. ~ Jerry Gillies

A photo to share ……

IMG_8317 

Teddy loves my laptop hoop too. See who is taking a nap under my quilt under construction.

IMG_8316

4 comments:

Rennie said...

Mooie spreuk en foto's om de dag mee te beginnen. Thanks.

Berna said...

Een goed begin van de dag. Hoe bevalt je nieuwe quiltring?
Fijne dag en ik hoop tot zaterdag.

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Teddy looks so comfortable! I think cats must think our expensive quilting tools are glorified cat toys and treats!

karenfae said...

the quilt in the hoop looks interesting = will love to see it when you are done with it.
Karen