Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Monday Mini Bee night!

I couldn’t contain myself and had to try to take a picture of the full moon.

IMG_8148

Isn’t my camera great? It looks so nearby.

After standing in the cold in the backyard for a while, I thought I’d better go and packed my bags and go to the Monday Mini Bee. Lucky me, I was able to meet up with these two other quilters. Had another lovely evening.

Juud, showed her binded and washed 40’s quilt. After a quick show & tell, she continued piecing another Camelot block.

2012_02_06

Berna, has picked-up her SBS again. Looks like a lovely block.

IMG_8153

I was naturally busy sashing the baby Jane’s together, in the hope to show you a small part of my Dear Jane in progress.

2012_02_061

I made the quilters laugh again. I don’t know if it is me or them, but when we are together I always need to unpick my work. Again I had sewn two baby Jane’s together the wrong way. Can you see my mistake? Left upper corner of the collage. It is quite tedious work unpicking my stitching. It took me forever. At the end of the evening I only added sashings to two blocks!

I think I’ll blame them. I just can’t seem to concentrate when I’m around these ladies Tongue

I think if I continue at this pace, it will take me forever to complete this quilt!!!

I got this delicious hot chocolate milk. It was really nice and it seems I even can make it!! Just rip open a packet and pour on the water. The finally touch, stir real well. 

IMG_8160

I succeeded in nearly competing another row. The little travel bear is impressed with my progress.

IMG_8177

7 comments:

karenfae said...

your Jane blocks will be wonderful when complete won't they! I did love making that quilt - both times - now I just need to get around quilting the last one. I hand pieced my blocks too and hand quilted.
It is nice to see a hand piecing group, I don't see many around here.
Karen

Rennie said...

Wat een geweldige leuke mini Bee hebben jullie. Zeg maar tegen de ladies dat ze niet zoveel moeten babbelen en giechelen en geef ze vooral een hug van mij. Je Dear Jane gaat er mooi uitzien.

Judith said...

I would blame us too! Sure had à good laugh!! See u friday!

Else said...

Ziet er heel gezellig uit jullie mini-bee! En je gaat lekker met je DJ, beer is tevreden zo te zien (lol) Fijne avond, knuffel Else

Berna said...

Heerlijk toch dat we zo kunnen lachen? Dat geeft energie. En gedeelde smart is halve smart. Kijk maar eens op mijn blog.
Tot zaterdag!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Nice to see all the pictures...your Dear Jane is coming along nicely!

Elaine said...

Your blocks are just lovely and your pictures make me feel like I'm sitting there with you. I would have been happy to unpic stitches for you :) Your hot chocolate looks yummy!