Tuesday, 7 February 2012

Diary of 5

 

quill and watch

Join the Diary of Five community here

I am seeing... Teddy who is trying to distract me from writing this post.

I am hearing… nothing, except a little buzz from my PC. I’m all alone at the moment so there are no distracting noises. Except, that I’m hearing Teddy walking down the stairs now. He gave up.

I am smelling….pizza on my hands. I had a late night meeting at work. For some internal energy the boss served us pizza. I’m really glad I only had 3 little slices. It is not agreeing with me. Boy, was it salty. I’m really not used to that any more.

I tasted….. soya yoghurt and banana. Ate this as dessert when I got home. I’ve read, that banana’s help get rid of the extra salt consumed.

I’m feeling …. the touch of my ring. Love the ring I bought last summer. It symbolizes to me that all things will turn-out ok (eventually). It represents the infinite nature of energy, and the inclusivity of the universe. It symbolizes the intangible procession of time. The diamond represents attainment of the meaning of life – enlightenment, satisfaction, “ultimate truth”. It signifies clarity, ascension and wisdom. I don’t mean the ordinary sort of wisdom though. I mean the wisdom that transcends the banalities of our everyday realm. Yes, this is a powerful totem for me.

IMG00301-20110816-1121

In this post I would like to add one more sense and that is our subtle perception ability. Our ‘spiritual antenna’. Through spiritual practice I enable my sixth sense. My spiritual sense.

I practice my gratitude…. everyday. Everyday I try to enforce my state of mind and way of life by focussing on gratitude. Gratitude is both a feeling and a spiritual practice. Although I have little control over my immediate feelings, I can decide to cultivate the ground in which those feelings thrive. “Gratitude is when we become aware of the beauty of and in our lives, and our hearts say ‘thank you’ in response to that awareness.” Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what I have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity.
It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of my past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.

“There is a calmness to a life lived in Gratitude,
a quiet joy.” ~ Ralph H. Blum

I feel this calmness nearly continuously.

2 comments:

Sagittarian said...

Wonderful sharing..:) I love it! Especially your sixth sense. :) Keep sharing more..:)

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

Very interesting diary. Enjoyed reading it. Very true about practicing gratitude. I'm doing that this year by keeping a gratitude journal - listing 5 things and/people for which I'm thankful each week. The quote by JFK on the side of your blog is an excellent reminder.