Sunday, 26 February 2012

Attitude for Gratitude post – week 8

I’m grateful that I’m slowly starting to understand our adaptability to change. I’m able to accept the challenges that cross my path and still remain very Zen. Change is a constant and I’m able to welcome them. I’m thankful that every challenge leaves me wiser, more skilful, more adaptive, and more loving, today and every tomorrow. I’m jocund as I finally understand I have to give myself time to view actions of ‘others’ and circumstances from different angles and perspectives. That I have to voice my concerns and ask questions to fully understand what might not be apparent to me now. But I rejoice the fact that I’m able to think long-term. Change takes time! What might be a small step today, may be a great leap in the long-run. I’m very optimistic about my future and not be diverted by some gitch. I’ve rediscovered my life purpose. I take ownership of my goals. I can accept the hurts from ‘others’ to reveal “blind spots” in my own life, and am able to see how I can benefit their lives with my new insights. I’ve made great leaps in self-discovery past couple of years and although the process has had some ups and downs I’m grateful for the challenge.

“No one can possibly know what is about to happen: it is happening, each time, for the first time, for the only time.” ~ James Arthur Baldwin

I’m beaming that I found 3 co-writers to help write a book. You won’t be surprised that we will be researching / writing about the inter-relations between the following concepts: change, adaptation, diversity, group dynamics, interventions and improving processes. I’m smiling and can’t wait to start this journey.

Writing a story or a novel is one way of discovering sequence in experience, of stumbling upon cause and effect in the happenings of a writer's own life. ~ Eudora Welty

Absolutely delighted that the days are becoming longer and therefore we are able to produce our own energy. Since a couple of days our roof is filled with solar panels helping us generate our own electricity. We have become very green. Solar panels are a environmentally conscious choice for supplementing our utility bills while cutting down on the fossil fuel emissions and global warming. I’m happy we can play our part. The only thing we need now is a little more sun Smug

fluit-00118

I’m still smiling about the happenings in my work-life. Everyday is entailed with many happenings. Some strange, some good.

Experience has ceded to a series of happenings, about which the most we can expect is information. ~ Thomas Harrison

Last but not least, I’m grateful that my health is improving slowly. I only have acute bronchitis. The blood work and x-ray of my lungs didn’t show up anything suspicious. It would have been nice if my physical resilience was a little better than it was, I then might have been able to fight off that nasty virus. Still this might explain why the 3 antibiotic therapies didn’t really seem to work. Maybe my double middle ear infection wasn’t caused by bacteria but by a nasty virus that resides in my body. I don’t believe that there is a causal relationship between my mood and lack of health. There most be another reason for the dysfunctional immune system and poor physical health as I’m pretty content with my life at the moment. I don’t need much soul searching to tell you that I feel great mentally.  The good thing about feeling a little under the weather this week is that it gave me time to watch ‘SeaChange’. At the moment I have to admit that I like Max better than Diver Dan. This is Laura (Sigrid Thornton) and Max who have finally sorted out their love life.

image

I’ve watched all 39 episodes past 2 months. Max is played by William McInnes. One hunk if I do say so. We are nearly the same age, he is only 3 years older Winking. I do expect he is a little taller than me!

image

I’m hoping to get back to quilting soon. I expect as my health improves I will have the energy to pick-up my needle and thread.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

You might qualify for a new government solar energy program.
Determine if you qualify now!