Tuesday, 17 January 2012

What is going on here?

2012_01_16_minibee

Piecing and fabric selections! Everyone is working on their blocks. Another thing you can see, is that I’m the only one working on her Dear Jane Sad. Juud is giving me time to catch up Kiss. And, if you look at the next picture, you can see I’ve finally started with the sashing.

IMG_7931

I’ve decided to use the sashing as on the original Jane.  For Jane's sashing I cut pieces 5" x 1", and attach to the right side of each block. I have to remember not to do this on the 13th block in each row! To make sashing for the rows I’ve cut sashings 1" X 5 1/2" and I’m sewing the on the bottom of each block (except for the bottom of blocks in row M). I decided against making corner stones or setting squares in my sashing. We do have to make choices every now and then! Quilting is very much like life!

“The happiness of a man women in this life does not consist in the absence, but in the mastery, of his her passions.” ~ Alfred Tennyson

Love being a quiltmaker!

2 comments:

Judith said...

Leuke blog en mooie foto's! Zou ik de foto's van de camelot ook mogen? Enne wel door werken aan Sjaan! Dan kun je niet bij werken maar dan ga jij mij voorbij!! Ha ha! Zonder dollen, het is een plaatje vooral nu blokjes aan de sashing zitten, daar wordt t toch levendiger van. Cyu monday

Berna said...

Het was weer gezellig Helen. Leuk datje er weer was.