Monday, 16 January 2012

Characteristics of a Creative Personality

- Creative individuals have a great deal of energy, but they are also often quiet and at rest.
- Creative individuals tend to be smart, yet also naive at the same time.
- Creative individuals have a combination of playfulness and discipline, or responsibility and irresponsibility.
- Creative individuals alternate between imagination and fantasy at one end, and rooted sense of reality at the other.
- Creative people seem to harbour opposite tendencies on the continuum between extroversion and introversion.
- Creative individuals are also remarkable humble and proud at the same time.
- Creative individuals to a certain extent escape rigid gender role stereotyping and have a tendency toward androgyny.
- Generally, creative people are thought to be rebellious and independent.
- Most creative persons are very passionate about their work, yet they can be extremely objective about it as well.

The above definition is from Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi

Do I have the courage to be creative? Do I possess a creative personality? If I re-read the above, I have to admit I do.

As mentioned in one of my previous Attitude for Gratitude posts I’ve discovered that I’m not challenged enough. I’m dyeing from boredom because my knowledge & skills are not being put to use in certain areas.  It is strange to acknowledge this when only a short time ago I was in the other continuum. You remember the anxious Helen? Wondering how I’m going to change my current situation?  One way is to remain focussed on my ABC. You can read more about that here. Another was is to change my situation.

As Steve Jobs said in this Stanford commencement speech, “…for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” And whenever the answer has been “No” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.”

How am I going to get into my FLOW channel? image

Or as some call it, being "in the zone" or "one with the music"? According to Steve Jobs:

STAY HUNGRY, STAY FOOLISH

I think I’m going to give this a try Applause

No comments: