Sunday, 18 December 2011

Attitude for Gratitude post – week 50

Absolutely delighted with the help I got from hubby with my secret project. I’m really sorry that I can’t write more about my secret project. The only thing I can say at the moment is that I’m undergoing another change.

‘Sometimes it’s the smallest decisions that can change your life forever’ ~ Keri Russell. I’m kind of hoping that this will be true. As I realize that ‘what you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others’ ~ Pericles. My  ambition is to leave behind more, not just in the form of my personal notes (blog), (research) articles, quilts, and photography to name just a few. But most important is to have a personal impact on the people around me. I want to be valued for who I am and appreciated for what I have to give. Sadly I sometimes surround myself with people who have other values and morals. I believe ‘the unexamined life is not worth living’~ Socrates. I love people who have developed their reflective faculties. Who are able to act, compare, abstract, judge, generalize & reason. People who understand themselves and their place in our world. Yes, I’m also feeling a little dolorous this week.     

Tickled by all the compliments on my photography. I think I might try to develop my other creative outlet. I’m even thinking of getting a better camera.

Still pretty ecstatic about the weight loss that is happening. Already lost 4 kilos! Hoping for another kilo next week.

Delighted with my hairdresser and my hair cut. Again she did a wonderful job.

Feeling very buoyant after meeting up with two very inspirational people last week. They have influenced my state of mind in a positive way. Absolutely loved our conversations and can’t wait to continue where we have left.

Jubilant after our enjoyable meal Saturday night, as I had no weight gain when I weighed myself this morning. We had a night-out to celebrate MIL’s birthday. The meal was delicious. The festive season has really started. Friday evening was another night out, I had Christmas dinner with my colleagues.

I’m beaming as I’m finally allowed to show this quilt that a quilter friend made for her sister. IMG_7519 Isn’t it stunning? Would really love to receive a quilt like that. Wouldn’t it look lovely near the Christmas tree? Marja’s sister is one lucky gal.

This week I picked-up the cards that I will be sending to my family and friends to celebrate 2012. I’m pretty rapt with the result. With all the hustle and bustle past weeks I’ve decided not to send Christmas cards, but send Happy New Year cards instead.

Completely blithesome knowing that we are going to Wales again this summer. Katrina confirmed our booking this week. Northern Wales is the place for me, and thankfully hubby loves it too. Actually, it was he who suggested it. Our first thoughts were to go to Scotland. I’m so happy to go. Wales feels like home.

Last but not least – I’m thankful that I was able to get a body-massage this week. It is so relaxing and it helps me on so many levels. Had a dr. Hauschka body-massage. Really can’t wait till the next one. Lucky me, I already booked another one for January!

1 comment:

Sew Create It - Jane said...

That quilt is gorgeous. I was just thinking something like that would be perfect for my MIL and I could use the hands of all the family for the antlers...wouldn't that be cute!