Sunday, 11 December 2011

Attitude for gratitude post – week 49

Christmas… that magic blanket that wraps itself about us, that something so intangible that it is like a fragrance. It may weave a spell of nostalgia. Christmas may be a day of feasting, or of prayer, but always it will be a day of remembrance -- a day in which we think of everything we have ever loved. ~ Augusta E. Rundel

Feeling very jolly after finally putting out the Christmas decorations and putting up the tree. Look who is looking absolutely stunned. Teddy, still can’t believe that it is nearly Christmas.

IMG_7540

Delighted that hubby helped me put in the lights. I’m also thankful for all the wrapped presents laying underneath our Christmas tree.

IMG_7544

Very pleased that I was able to find time to be Santa’s helper this year. I found lots of nice little presents. I need only to find one more and than I’m done!

Cheery, when realizing I didn’t have to stand in the cold at a alpaca show like my sister. Hoping she met up with lots of new customers. Check-out her site, here.

A little merry, as I just ordered Michael Bublé’s Christmas CD.

IMG_7530

I couldn’t wait till Christmas!! It was really hard to resist temptation, especially after hearing some of the song. But I’m so happy that I could buy this for myself and thankful that I’m in that position.

Elated, after having a full week of quilt activities. But thankful, that the pace is slowing down a little.

Exuberant as the acupuncture and diet combination seems to be working. Actually losing weight according to my weighing scale!  But most of all I’m absolutely delighted that I feel so much better. Looks like I finally got a grip on my fluid retention.

Still very tickled with my new attic window. It was a great afternoon updating my blog with all that extra light.

Last but not least, I’m thankful for feeling appreciated by so many people and colleagues. Sadly, not everyone realizes this but the deepest craving of human nature is the need to be appreciated.
~ WIlliam James’

2 comments:

Rennie said...

Ik ben blij zo'n blogster te hebben leren kennen. Je waarheden geven me veel warmte. Happy time these days before Christmas.

Judith said...

Waardering en erkenning, erg belangrijk. Leuk te zien dat jij ook druk bent geweest je huis te versieren! Ik heb hetzelfde gedaan dit weekend. Ook weer aan sjaan gewerkt, maar dat zie je nog wel. Geniet van je week.