Saturday, 24 December 2011

Attitude for Gratitude post – last post for 2011

I’m tickled with anticipation. Tonight it is Christmas eve and Hubby and I will exchange our presents. Ooops, I mean unpacking the presents that Santa left behind. Feeling all cheery as - I did, I did, I really did see ……. Santa Clause. You gotta believe me. You just gotta believe me!

  

I heard this song for the first time when I was about 9 years old. It triggers a lot of memories, I can tell you. How old were you when you first heard it? Do you still remember where you were? I do!

Another influence is Dr. Seuss. It is really too bad that his children’s books haven’t been translated to Dutch. Or have they? Don’t you love this quote? An insight I’m finally understanding. 

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” ~ dr Seuss

Had a very busy pre-Christmas week. All the activities however were not Christmas related accept the grocery shopping. Enraptured that we caught bought our turkey. It isn’t as huge as the one we had last year! Got all the ingredients for the stuffing and trimmings. Naturally, we won’t pass on the Pavlova, a delicious Australian dessert.

Here’s to the year that’s almost past its expiration date. Grateful for all that I learned this year and that I pulled through. Thankful for those who believed in me & encouraged me to believe in myself.

Joyous for this time in the morning. Sitting behind my PC with my granulated coffee writing this post. Very pleased that I’m still losing some of my excess luggage (weight). A little surprised that this actually works, as it goes against all that I have learned and believe. For those who don’t read my blog regularly I’m following a diet based on Chinese herbal medicine and having weekly acupuncture sessions. I’m starting to believe I might actually look different next year.

Thankful that I’m happy again and able to accept that you can’t feel happiness 24/7.

I’m exultant with the opportunities this new job gives me. Meeting a lot of people who I otherwise would never have met.

Chuffed that this year is coming to an end but first let it be Christmas. 

1 comment:

Judith said...

Hele fijne dagen helen, enne genieten vanavond met het openen van. Gaan wij ook doen. Pavlova Australisch? Did't have the foggiest! Wij eten het morgen ook!!