Sunday, 27 November 2011

Attitude of Gratitude post is back !! – week 47

Yes, I’m back after a 4 week break.

Early on my spiritual journey, I focussed on bringing more grace into my life and how powerful this intention has been.

I affirm my goal to be grateful every day. Throughout the day, I'm open and receptive to the power of grace in my life. I ask to be shown clear examples of how this energy is operating. You could say this is my mantra. In the past months I’m noticing certain coincidences / changes / examples occurring and I’m pretty convinced that I’m (co-)creating my (transformed) life. It seems I’m entering into "the dance of grace". Could you describe this as spiritual growth? Or is this "being in the moment"? I’m more aware of my bodily sensations, thoughts and emotions—no matter whether they are pleasant or unpleasant—I’ve finally got my control back.

When you are in a sincere state of gratitude your energy is one of acceptance and harmony. What is important is to accept/take responsibility for whatever is going on in your life. You attitude towards gratitude is the key to joy.

image

Remember that joy—doesn't always announce itself with great fanfare. It can hum, quietly, underneath.

I’m grateful for the following:

- noticing that dreams might become true. (I’m not quit prepared to share my dream – new life goal – but I’m sensing it might not be a dream for much longer). “Don't be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so.” ~ Belva Davis. This might be more true than I have ever realized. Scary stuff!

- the new attic window in my study. I’m thankful for the fact I’m able to pay for it.

- having pleasure with the other janiacs.

- that hubby is installing my coupe heater in the car. He was very creative in finding a solution to install it in this car. The VW Passat definitely isn’t as superior as the Nissan Qashqai. I’ll be prepared for the snow & frost that might be coming soon.

- that I was able to get my blood pressure down and control the fluid retention. I feel so much better. The acupuncture therapy seems to be having an effect too. 

- thoroughly enjoying my new work place.

-  realizing that the people in my life are the attribution of my joy. I’ve surrounded myself with people (family, friends, virtual-friends & colleagues) who enable me to change and be joyful. 

- having my ringtone back. Picking up my iPhone has become a pleasure.

- the small MOLESKINE® squared notebook I found. I can jot down little snippets of importance. I’m ecstatic!

- 2011 seems to be ending a lot better than how it started. I only wish this could be true for everyone. Realizing that this is not so, saddens me. I hope you can find the power to change your life.

1 comment:

Deborah said...

"Your attitude towards gratitude is the key to joy."

I had determined that I was going to choose joy everyday...and then I forgot to do that. Your post was a good "kick in the pants" for me. Thank you. I hope your dream comes to fulfillment.