Saturday, 8 October 2011

What to do with $1000?

Well I’ll try to answer that question. It was Sweet P, from Coffee Times Stitches, who put this question in the world.

By the way Sweet P, a Happy birthday to you ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Firstly I will have to convert this amount to Euros. This leaves me with € 744.82. It is now real easy to answer this question. So many choices to make but I think I definitely want more light in my study! Now the winter is approaching slowly, the days are becoming shorter and the evenings longer in the Northern Hemisphere. Today sunrise will be at 7:53 and sunset 19:03. That is 11 hours and 9 minutes of light! At the moment while writing this post, it is real dark. I see no stars, no clouds, it is pitch dark outside my window.

But I’m evading in answering the question. I’m good at that Nerd.

Before I start rambling on why I do that, I will answer Sweet P’s question. I would spend an large amount on installing one of these. A roof window.

image

So when the sun comes up, I will hopefully catch the first ray’s on my desk.

With the money I have left, which won’t be much, I would spend on a Rhythmical Hauschka Massage. Two hours of bliss.

But than again, I kind of also want an iPad Tongue outSad. I so love my iPhone that I have to admit I’m becoming an Apple fan. The iPad can sit on the dining table and I can read all those blogs there instead of behind my desktop computer in my study.

I was deeply saddened after reading that Steve Jobs died, last Wednesday, as I just started to appreciate Apple. I’m crazy about the iPhone4 and love my iPod Nano. Steve was indeed a visionary man but the reason I appreciate him the most was that he truly understood how applications should work. The iPhone is so easy and intuitive to use even I can use it.

I was saddened but not surprised. My diagnostic skills are still pretty good. I’m actually amazed that he was able to hang on to life so long.

There is so little one can say, but my heart goes out to his family and to those people he mentored. We really lost an insightful and visionary person.

3 comments:

Rennie said...

Good morning sunshine on this very dark morning. I share your thoughts. Het geeft de start van mijn heerlijke zaterdag (maar veel te vol)een extra dimensie. Love you!

Judith said...

Hee helen, een dakraam ik zeg doen (ik laat het dak op mijn kamer verhogen, bouwaanvraag is de deur uit) iPad, gewoon vandaag nog (zit in de keuken met iPad op schoot al de blogjes te lezen). Toch nog druk zo'n zaterdag. Veel plezier.

Sweet P said...

I like your choices for spending $1000. Thanks for sharing.