Sunday, 9 October 2011

Gratitude post – week 40

Grace is completely free! "Grace, the state of kindness and favour towards someone, often with a focus on a benefit given to the object." I personally see grace as the ultimate key required for spiritual self-realization. I find grace throughout the day. Trying to understand the Tao helps me find grace. I’m also intrigued by the philosophical aspects of Tao (or Dao), or to be more precise, the natural and mercurial outcomes of action. Where every action creates counter-actions. 

There are no days in life so memorable as those which vibrated to some stroke of the imagination ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

The power of repetitiveness amazes me. It is the engine that drives the ability to influence. The success of an influence can create transmittance of an idea. Two years ago I proposed that health insurers provide a policy to enable clients to save for future care needs. Today I read in my newspaper that health insurers are going to do that. Future patients when confronted with the outcome of their chronic disease, will be able to activate their personal budget that will enable them to get a nurse, hire a special bed or get a wheelchair. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one who thought of this idea, but if you voice your thoughts often enough eventually this leads to many counter-actions and it becomes reality. 

I’m thankful for having found Emily, but especially her blog ‘Chatting at the sky, a place for your soul to breathe’. To be able to voice your thoughts like her. I applaud her style. But there is also recognition when I read some of her posts. Do check-out her blog, especially this post: change the world - receive grace. Absolutely awesome, if you want to know my opinion.

I’m joyous that my cash-flow enables me to buy a new bag and boots this week. I’m finally getting grips on my spending, now I’m out of debt. 

Feeling rapturous the past couple of weeks. I’m enjoying my work again, but most of all I enjoy being part of this organization-environment. I’m so pleased to notice a change in me. I’m less effected by the opinions and needs of others. I feel more confident and capable. I have more control over my life and the decisions I make. I’m more resilient. Empowerment is far easier to write about than to achieve. But I think I’ve finally understand the principles of it and for this I’m grateful. There many qualities to empowerment: having decision-making power, having access to information and resources, having a range of options from which to make choices, assertiveness, a feeling that the individual can make a difference (being hopeful), learning to think critically; learning the conditioning; seeing things differently, learning about and expressing anger, not feeling alone; feeling part of a group, understanding that people have rights, affecting change in one's life and one's community, learning skills that the individual defines as important, changing others' perceptions of one's competency and capacity to act, coming out of the closet, growth and change that is never ending and self-initiated, increasing one's positive self-image and overcoming stigma. I’ve overcome the harmful impact of stigmatization. I’ve had to re-learn how to handle prejudice and discrimination, but I especially had to re-learn how to react to it.  Overcoming these adversities has been an empowering process but I truly can say I’m now more resilient. But my biggest achievement is to allow myself to be me.

There are two great days in a person's life - the day we are born and the day we discover why ~ William Barclay

No comments: