Saturday, 1 October 2011

Dear Jane circle

What a terrific day today was.  Love this Indian summer we are experiencing. Around noon it was about 28 degrees Celsius. If only today could last forever Hot. Love this weather.

Here is me leaving. Yes, I got myself a shopper for all my Dear Jane stuff. Just chuck all the boxes in, the shopper fits nicely behind the drivers seat and off I go.

I’m standing a little weird if I do say so. Must be because of that big bag on my right shoulder.

This was the first thing I saw when I arrived at Juud’s place. I knew I was at the right place. Look how many Karin & Juud have made. 

IMG_6883

I really should make some effort and also piece the sashings.

The Dear Jane circle has increased in size. In March I thought I would be doing the Dear Jane all alone. A good six month later it isn’t just me any more. After the lunch there were 6 of us, piecing fanatically. 

IMG_6908

This was how far I had gotten around 12am.

IMG_6890

This was around 2pm

IMG_6914

I finally finished this baby Jane around 4pm.

IMG_6917

Can’t imagine a greater way to spend my day. Looking forward to the next circle, which will be at my place. Don’t think we will be sitting outside than. Who knows we might even have some snow around than. As the next Dear Jane circle is at the end of autumn.

3 comments:

Judith said...

It sure was fun helen! I truely enjoyed myself aswell. Snow in november well i hope not. Dear Jane ze!

Rennie said...

What a lovely pictures you posted. I enjoy them all. Love Rennie

Ruth's Place said...

Looks like a fun day. The Janes are coming along nicely and I love the fabric in your latest block.