Sunday, 30 October 2011

Attitude for Gratitude post – week 43

The most meaningful thing that happened this week for which I’m super grateful is that my contract has been extended for an indefinite period. It gives me a sense of security, which I need to  focus on all those other things / goals I want to achieve / attain. I discovered a new genre of dancing Tuesday morning upon receiving the news. It is called the happy dance! Like the way I move Hot?

Hopefully this clip put a smile on your face.

I’m pretty satisfied with myself after finally finalising a article that I’ve written with some ex-colleagues. I submitted it Saturday. Hope to hear from the reviewer soon. To ensure my English was up to scratch I asked an English friend to look over it. This is what she said, ‘excellent stuff, it is astounding how good your English is, like I have said, you put most Brits to shame. Bravo’. This makes me euphoric. Thank you for those kind words. I’m ever so grateful, as I can ignore the little voice in my head, saying ‘your not good enough’.

I’m thankful to be able to enjoy these sights.

2011_10_28

I get all happy when I see these roses on the dining table.

2011_10_30

Delighted to let everyone know that I got my first pair of reading glasses yesterday! I’ll be able to pick them up after I get back from Houston. My first senior moment has finally arrived Nerd.

I’m trilled that in two days time I will go to Houston and finally meet- up with Amy, executive director of the Alliance for American Quilts, and the rest of the Q.S.O.S team, Linda from Quilts in The Barn and Laura from Laura’s Quilt Atelier in Amersfoort. Click here to read her blog.

Next week Sunday I won’t be posting my weekly gratitude post. But you can be assured I’m pretty grateful for the life I’m able to lead at the moment. It can’t get any better.

2 comments:

Berna said...

Weer opgeknapt? Gefeliciteerd met je nieuwe contract!! Tot gauw en een fijne zondag.

Rennie said...

Wat een bevestiging voor je kunnen. Gefeliciteerd!