Saturday, 17 September 2011

A entry for my ‘Simple Woman’s Day book’

TODAY

Saturday, 17th of September

simple-woman-daybook_old_700

Please visit The Simple Woman's Day book

Outside my window...in one of my dreams. The sun is shining over the lush green valley. Its rays are brightening up my room. Some alpacas are wondering through the paddock, that lays along our backyard. I hear the trickle of water meandering down the small stream alongside our large farmhouse. A quiet breeze is blowing and birds are chirping merrily.

I am thinking...about time. What sense or senses do we use when perceiving time? Even if all our senses (sight, hearing, touch, taste, smell) were prevented from functioning for a while, we could still notice the passing of time through the changing pattern of our thought. Perhaps, then, we have a special faculty, distinct from the five senses, for detecting time. Or perhaps, we notice time through perception of other things. I’m unable to grasp time. For disappearing acts, it's hard to beat what happens to the eight hours supposedly left after eight of sleep and eight of work. ~ Doug Larson. If I count correctly, there is still somewhere eight hours left in my day. I’m just thinking where do the hours disappeared to?

I am grateful... for being here!

From the learning rooms...I need to chunk my goals. I set such high goals that it seems I’m not going anywhere. I need to make choices. I can’t do everything. I need to learn to lower my expectations, but most importantly let myself not be influenced by the expectations of others have of me. Need to learn not to live for tomorrow. But most of all I need to learn to enjoy what I have achieved today.

From the studio...progress on ’tis the night before Christmas quilt. The right panel of the quilt.

IMG_6774

In the laundry...the washing machine is turning. Two loads of washing has been done so far. The first load is hanging to dry on our door racks. I have a couple of these hanging on doors upstairs.

image

I am wearing...jeans & shirt

I am creating...this post

I am going...to watch the Star Wars film series. Yes, I’m talking about the series created by George Lucas. I’m most probably one of the few people on this earth who hasn’t seen one film in the series. Hubby asked, how did I want to see it. In the order the series was produced, or from the beginning of the double trilogy. I’m a practical girl, so I’m going to watch from the beginning. Hoping that the spiritual underpinnings of the story meets up to my expectations. I have been made to belief that when you look at the films through a symbolic lens, the life-lessons are abundant. Will let you know what I think!

I am remembering… my father. If my father was alive today, he would have turned 77 this month. It is hard to imagine my father as a man in his seventies. My father died at the age I am now, which is 47. Hard to grasp this. Time is such a strange concept, as in a certain sense it only seems like yesterday. But it was a long time ago. His death had a big impact on me. I dedicated my PhD thesis to him. Cuius mors initium erat fascinationis meae.

I am wondering...whether I have PMS or slowly coming into the peri-menopause phase. Cues that make me wonder if menopause is on its way:

  • Heart palpitations or irregular heartbeat
  • Mood swings
  • Fatigue
  • Depression
  • Weight gain
  • Hot flashes
  • Memory loss and lapses
  • Difficulty in concentrating, mental confusion and disorientation
  • Aching, sore joints, muscles and tendons, and increased tension in muscles
  • Headaches
  • Itchy, crawly skin
  • Vertigo, light-headedness, episodes of losing your balance
  • Gastrointestinal distress, flatulence, indigestion, nausea, bloating
  • Worsening of existing conditions, increase in allergies
  • Electric shock sensation under the skin and in the head
  • Tinnitus -- ringing in ears, bells, "whooshing," buzzing
  • Fingernails that become softer, break and crack easier

After reading the above, I’m a little worried now! I guess I’m aging!!

I am reading...the English magazine Good Housekeeping & the Dutch magazine Happinez. Have you checked out their app?

I am hoping...to get some popcorn when watching the movie!

I am looking forward to...coming Wednesday. Going to make another baby Jane block. It has been sometime since I’ve been able to work on the Dear Jane. Nearly 28 days.

I am hearing...nothing. It is pretty quiet at the moment. I prefer this silence, but it won’t be for long as I see it is raining. Even though I can hardly hear it.

I am proud to say...I’m getting back into a workout rhythm. I’ve been able to make time to get onto the cross-trainer and rowing-machine 3 times this week.   

One of my favourite things... is flowers

2011_09_10

What I have loved most about today...is letting go of my goals for today. Tomorrow is a new day!

A few plans for the rest of the week: last coaching session on Monday, yoga on Tuesday and dietician visit on Wednesday.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

IMG_6715

I have a 3 seater-lounge in the livingroom. Why does Teddy choose to sit on my stitchery, when he can have the rest of the lounge for himself?

1 comment:

Judith said...

Hi Helen. Just flicking through blogs and came across yours. Just popped in to say hello. I have a dog and if I put anything like your needlework down my dog has to sit on it. She is only small a bit bigger than a cat. I don't know why it is niether. Hope you have had a nice weekend. Bye.