Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Wednesday – the Simple Woman’s Daybook

simple-woman-daybook_old_700

FOR TODAY

Wednesday, August 31st 2011

Please visit The Simple Woman's Day book

Outside my window...the birds are chirping & tweeting letting themselves be heard. The sun is trying to beam its rays through the grey clouded sky. A slight breeze is coming through the window. Loving the crisp morning breeze.

I am thinking... how will is be to work full-time again after having a six week break. Although I’m looking forward to getting started again and help others to optimize their work performance, I have to admit that I liked the life I led the past weeks. No stress, no worries, no nagging, no negativity. It was bliss. Maybe I should continue saving for another break, maybe plan a sabbatical to make some progress on a book I would like to write.

I am thankful...for the life I’m leading and the people in my life.

From the learning rooms...although it might look like I’m pretty goal-oriented I’m learning to accept that it is ok to go with the flow. 

In the kitchen... everything is cleared away. However, there is still some left-over milk in the Krups Milk frother after making myself a caffè latte.

I am wearing...white jeans and grey&white striped tunic top.

I am creating...dreams

I am going...to my old employer a little later in the morning to return my car, mobile and laptop. Tomorrow I’ll get a new car, mobile and laptop from my new employer. So this afternoon you might see me on my bike cycling through our village to get some groceries & maybe some flowers. 

I am wondering...how my trip to the office will be tomorrow. Will be taking the train & bus to get there. Curious what kind of car they have decided to give me to take home. I’m a little agape. I know it is a little silly but I loved the car I had the past 3 years. It was a real Helen’s car. It is hard to let it go. Is this silly of me?

I am reading... nothing at the moment.

What did I do this morning…. went to the dentist on my bike. Nothing beats an early morning ride, cycling through the parks along the way and seeing little bunny rabbits hopping out of the bushes. Amazed how many I came across, at least 5. I really should take my bike out more often!

I am hoping... that I made the right decision.

I am looking forward to...the barbecue this weekend. Meeting up with friends and catch-up on all that is happening in their lives. We might even have an extra guest!

Around the house... it is pretty quiet. Teddy is sleeping on my sofa chair.

IMG_6060

I am pondering...about a word that keeps popping into my head -  grace. Trying to figure out what grace means to me. It might be a subject that will pop-up more frequently in future posts.

One of my favourite things...at the moment my iPhone!

A quote I like to share….

“Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.” ~ Harvey MacKay

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

IMG_6383

The inside of the Frauenkirche in Dresden, Germany.

No comments: