Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Wednesday – the Simple Woman’s Daybook

simple-woman-daybook_old_700 FOR TODAY

the 3rd of August 2011

Please visit The Simple Woman's Day book

Outside my window...today was another grey day. No blue skies, no clouds and definitely no sun. There have been some light showers but at the moment it is dry. Waiting for that thunderstorm that has been predicted. Actually it is nearly silent, except for the birds chirping in the background and a distant motorbike!

I am pondering...whether I should stop writing my weekly Sunday gratitude post. Why? Because the reason has dissolved. I realize I should focus on the little things. I think John Fitzgerald Kennedy had it right; ‘As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them’. I also agree with William Wordsworth ‘All that we behold is full of blessings’. And I realize

IMG_3898

So what do you think? Should I continue with my weekly gratitude post or should I take a break?

I am thinking…… how quickly times flies when you are happy. Since a couple of weeks, the minutes, hours, days, seem to pass so much quicker and before I know it, it is tomorrow already.

I am thankful...what the past months have given me. I think Emily Freeman voiced it perfectly, ''It’s because a lot happens in the transition, secret things, beautiful things, Spirit led things.'' I can now say that a lot of good came out of the past 525 days. I’m also thankful for this little gift I got from hubby. Do you recognize it? It is the totem from the film ‘Inception’. If you are not sure whether you are dreaming or living in reality, you know what to do after having seen the film.

2011_08_03

From the learning rooms...trying to analyse which archetypes are prominent in me and for which archetypes I feel antagonistic. An archetype is a universally understood symbol or term, or pattern of behaviour, a prototype upon which others are copied, patterned, or emulated. Archetypes are often used in myths and storytelling across different cultures. If you are interested, have a look here.

I am reading... imageIn the kitchen... the table is cleared, the dishwasher packed and the espresso machine has been turned off. 

I am wearing... blue polo-shirt, white knickerbockers, Birkenstocks

I am creating... another baby Jane. Yes, completed F8 – church Window today.

IMG_5891
I am going... to see my nieces and mum again tomorrow.

I am wondering... whether my nieces will enjoy baking cupcakes and decorating them. I’m looking forward to it. Hoping to make some fun pictures.

I am hoping... to slow down a little.

I am looking forward to...friends visiting us in September and my trip with mum to Germany.

I am hearing...music coming from hubby’s music room. It is Dawn Langstroth. You really can’t miss that she is the daughter of Anne Murray. Both ladies are worth listening too.

Around the house... things are quieting down. There is a beautiful sunset tonight. The sun is finally showing itself as the day is coming to an end.

One of my favourite things... can’t pin down my favourite thing. At the moment I love & enjoy everything.

A few plans for the rest of the week: a test-drive, in most probably my next new car. A family BBQ to show our appreciation for the help we received laying the brick path to the sides of our house.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

IMG_5127

“Three Rules of Work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” ~ Albert Einstein

2 comments:

Berna said...

Prachtige muziek helen. Heb meteen naar de cd gezocht maar bol heeft hem niet. Ze lijkt qua muziek en uiterlijk als twee druppels water op haar moeder.
Veel plezier morgen!

Elisa Black said...

Hi Helen-- I especially like your closing quote from Albert Einstein-- very helpful for where I'm at right now. You know that I'm a big fan of your weekly gratitude posts, but of course you need to do what you feel is right for you--whether its taking a break or stopping it altogether (or continuing, perhaps on a less frequent basis). I have started a small gratitude journal and the point is for me to start noticing and appreciating the positive in my life, b/c I take too much for granted. If I was being grateful automatically, than I wouldn't have to keep the journal! You do have a lot of things on your plate right now with your Dear Jane project and blog, and the the weekly Simple Woman's Daybook-- all of which are great!! Hope you get a little sunshine there today!