Wednesday, 31 August 2011

End of summer

Summer is the warmest of the four temperate seasons. I find it hard to believe it is the warmest, as it hasn’t been very warm & sunny since June. Today marks the end of summer. Tomorrow we go onto the autumn season. Actually, I think it has been here for some time. It came little earlier this year.

This is what you see when standing in the backyard at 3pm. I hopped outside quickly as it was raining. I didn’t want to get wet Eye-rolling

IMG_6700

I than ran to the front and the sky looked like this.

IMG_6704

As we don’t have very good light today. The picture of the backyard looks like this.

IMG_6699

And this is how the front of the house looks.

IMG_6703

Luckily everything is still green, otherwise I would really get depressed. It is on these days I ask myself why do I live in the Netherlands. The light is so much better in Australia and the summers a lot longer!

I’m hoping for an Indian summer, especially in the coming weekends! For those who don’t know what an Indian summer is, this is a meteorological phenomenon that occurs in the autumn. It refers to a period of considerably above normal temperatures, accompanied by dry and hazy conditions.

Bye bye summer!

1 comment:

carina said...

Helemaal met je eens. Nog even geen herfst alsjeblieft.
Dit weekend even extra genieten! Groet carina