Sunday, 28 August 2011

End of Summer Break

I’ve been away for a couple of days. A short break before I start work for my new boss. Where did I go you might wonder. Well here:

Grotere kaart weergeven

A stunning area in former east Germany. The Harz in Saxony-Anhalt.

Our home away from home.


Dresden. Mum and I have wanted to go to Dresden for a long time. Heard so much about this city. Well it was worth our effort. And an effort it was, as it was a 2 1/2 hour drive from our hotel and it was hot & humid. Naturally we choose to go on the day it would be about 32 degrees! Lucky for us we saw most of the city using the hop-on, hop-off sightseeing bus. For those who are planning a visit, a bus leaves every quarter of an hour at the "Theaterplatz".



Burg Falkenstein

An old church anno 1678!


Teufelsmauer, the Devil's dance floor according to legend.


Another burg


Sunrise! Room view from hotel.


Mum and I had a great time. Looking forward to our next break.

1 comment:

Berna said...

Dresden staat ook nog op ons wensenlijstje voor ...... ooit.
Het zijn prachtige foto's en een weekje quality-time met je moeder is ook leuk.